[Review] The Saem - Dewy Love Hydrating Essence --- Sarah

by - January 18, 2017


Packaging

The packaging is so beautiful, pink and wood. Maybe unrelated but as soon as I can decorate my own apartment I will use those two colors/pattern. I might have been influenced by that.l when I bought it. I like that it has a pump, that is very hygienic. The bottom part goes up as you use the product, just like my hyaluron jelly from indeed labs. I love those packaging which allow you not to scrape the last bit of product because the straw isn't long enough. I think I will keep the bottle when I'm done because it is just so practical.




What it's supposed to do

It is a hydrating essence that supplies elasticity and glossiness toward the skin with plenty of nourishment. Minimal moisture loss with its rich form. It is a fluid type water holding system essence that is easily absorbed into the skin and prevents moisture loss. It is also a skin brightener with cherry blossoms, camellia flower and edelweiss extracts provides lively bright skin. Hyaluronic acid and glycerin control moisture loss as well. You are supposed to use it after the toner step.


Ingredients
Water and Glycerine are the first ingredients which is very common for a cream. Glycerin is a good humectant which means that once it is under the skin it will atract water. Butylene Glycol is also a humectant but it can be irritating at high concentrations. Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride is an emolient (i.e it makes the skin softer). Then there is also the flower and seeds extracts, alcohols, polymers... Overall the ingredients aren't that great.


First impression
This is a thick cream... It has nothing to do with an essence in my opinion, I really don't understand. Even though the cream appears thick, it becomes more like a gel when you start applying it. It smells quite good, fresh and slightly floral.


Did I like it?
Unfortunately it made me break out which isn't common usually. I used it as an essence, so before my moisturizer. Maybe I wouldn't have broke out if I used it as a moisturizer but it was around the time I suspected to have some rosacea so I stopped using this product all together because it contains alcohol/perfume. Instead I have been using it as a hand cream and I love it that way. It moisturize my hands and gives them a soft texture but without making them greasy, I can still use my computer after putting it on.

Note: 3.5/5. As an essence it is a zero but since I've been able to use it as a hand cream, it's not that bad.

You May Also Like

0 commentaires