[Review] Mizon - Recovery Snail Gel Cream (Sarah)

by - November 26, 2016



Hello everybody!!

I think I can say I have found my Holy Grail product for creams!! I'm so sad I just finished the bottle.


What it claims to do

The cream contains 74% snail mucus to soothe and hydrate the skin. It is supposed to be used at the final step of your skincare. It says it helps with fines lines and wrinkles, promotes skin elasticity, strength and texture. Along with snail filtrate it contains adenosine, hyaluronic acid, olive oil, sunflower oil, birch tree sap, green tea extracts, allantoin, etc. You can even keep it in the fridge if you want to calm down redness.

The ingredients

Snail Secretion Filtrate, Butylene Glycol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Bis-PEG-18 Methyl Ether, Dimethylsilane, Polysorbate2-, Sodium Hyaluronate, Carbomer, Glycosyl Trehalose, Hydrogenated Starch Hydolsyate, Triethanolamine, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Caprylyl Glyocol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Sodium Polyacrylate, Centella Asiatica Extract, Portulaca Oleracea Extract, Camellias Sinensis Leaf Extract, Nelumbo Nucifera Flower Extract, Betula Platylphylla Japonica Juice, Tropolone, Copper Tripeptide-1, Allantoin, Panthenol, Olea Europaea (olive) Fruit Oil, Helianthus Annuus (sunflower) Seed Oil, Palmitoyl Pentapeptide-4, Adenosine, Disodium EDTA.

As you can see there is neither fragrance nor alcohol. YAAAY. Butylene Glycol and Glycerin which are humectants (it helps attract moisture in the skin) are on top of the list. There are some occlusive ingredients near the end as well, such as olive oil, sunflower seed oil and adenosine. I'm quite pleased with the composition although there are some silicones.

First impressions

The texture is really like a thick gel. I think Rébecca could like it as it's not slimy a all. It's not too runny or too thick. It spreads nicely onto the skin and is absorbed very quickly. The smell is very faint, but pleasant. The bottle is nice and practical.
Ignore my hand it's like really really dry...


My review

It was perfect on its own in summer but even during the winter months I think it would be good with a couple drops of oil or with a sleeping mask on top. I should mention here that my skin is quite normal though on the oilier side during summer. Even with couperosis (a milder form of rosacea = very sensitive, reddish skin) my skin loved this cream. I found the ingredients to be very good. It's the perfect balance between hydration and nutrition, humectants and occlusives, which makes my skin moist and soft. And given the quantity and the quality, the price is AMAZING.


Note 5/5. I'm in love. After I finish my current cream (COSRX - Snail 96 ) I will go back to this cream, I already bought another tube. Holy Grail product and it's cheap do you believe it! I won't be trying another cream any soon.

I bought it at beautynetkorea.com for less than $5

You May Also Like

0 commentaires