[Review] Whamisa Organic Flowers Cleansing Oil -- Rébecca

by - November 25, 2016

Whamisa Organic Flowers Cleansing Oil

Reading different beauty blogs you discover new brands almost every week (or at least new products but that's another story). And anything new sounds appealing to me. But I’ve tried lately to only buy a product when I’m almost done with one so that I don’t have dozens of “to be used” products awaiting in the bathroom cupboard. So when I heard of Whamisa several months ago I just waited patiently, if I had listened to myself I would have bought about 5 products from the brand, the oil, one of their serum, probably a face cream, one sheet masks and so on. And then I finished my cleansing oil and was very happy to order this one.



Much like any cleansing oil it just claims to remove your make-up, here is what the brand has to say about it: 
“59.40% organic ingredients. Suitable for all skin type. This cleansing oil is formulated with hazel seed, argan and jojoba seed oils for gentle yet effective removal of makeup and daily pollutants with minimum skin irritation. Chrysanthemum, lotus flower and dandelion ferment filtrates help to soothe and condition your skin. Ingredients are fermented with our signature process to better preserve their natural benefits, effectively cleansing and moisturizing skin.”
“Dispense onto dry hands and gently massage on face to remove make up and cleanse face. Wash off with warm water. Use daily at night to remove make up.
Tips: For a 2-step cleanse, use Whamisa Organic Flowers Foam Cleansing Cream afterwards.”

Texture wise it’s just an oil, on the lighter side of oil but not too watery either with a light floral scent. It's the perfect consistency in my opinion.


Ingredients:
It’s an oil, you rince it off after only a few minutes so as long as there is no mineral oil I’m more or less ok with any ingredients. Looking at it through COSDna it says the oils could possibly trigger some acne and some ingredients could potentially be irritant (I haven’t had any issue personnaly).

My thoughts on it:
I like it a lot, it now is one of my favorite cleansing oils. It does not sting my eyes (because I obviously always end up having some in my eyes). It emulsify easily, does not leave an oily residue on the skin but does not leave my skin feeling overdry either, it feels very gentle on my skin. My only “complaint” about it is that I have to rub longer to remove my mascara (which happens to be waterproof) but it does remove it (which also is a plus compared to some oils which don’t).
I sometimes feel like I use lots of it (about 4 to 5 pumps for my whole face) which worried me at first but to be honest I just thing that the pump does not dispense as much product in one pump than the others I tried before as after using for several weeks I don’t think I’m using it quicker than an other.

OVERALL:

Pros:
*Removes make-up perfectly
*Smells nicely
*Does not leave an oily residue (even if I don't double cleanse)
*Perfect consistency for me

Cons (because I feel like I have to have some):
*I have to rub a little extra to remove waterproof mascara
*On the slightly expensive side

Note:
4.5/5

Would I repurchase?
Yes. Not right now because as I said it’s a bit on the expensive side and I also want to try new ones (and re-use my trusty old recipe with rose petals). But I will use it again later on in my life that's for sure.

Price: 26.50 £ (~31€ or 33$) for 150 ml on the UK website of the brand

You May Also Like

0 commentaires