[Review] Bioderma - Créaline H2O AR, Solution micellaire démaquillante anti-rougeur (Makeup removing, anti-redness micellar water) -- Sarah

by - June 04, 2017



Yep, that's a mouthful. You may know the regular micellar water from Bioderma, which partly made micellar waters famous around the world, but there is another version made especially for redness-prone and rosacea-prone skins.

The packaging
The bottle is pretty simple. I would have preferred a smaller one since I bought it just before flying to Japan but this is the only size I found. The big bottle of the regular version comes with a pump for cotton pads which I find so practical. But the one I have is just a regular hole. The lid is tightly close which makes it adapted to transport in a bag for example.

The ingredients

AQUA/WATER/EAU, PEG-6 CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC GLYCERIDES, ALOE BARBADENSIS LEAF EXTRACT, CUCUMIS SATIVUS (CUCUMBER) FRUIT EXTRACT, MANNITOL, XYLITOL, RHAMNOSE, FRUCTOOLIGOSACCHARIDES, LECITHIN, GINKGO BILOBA LEAF EXTRACT, CAMELLIA SINENSIS LEAF EXTRACT, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, DISODIUM EDTA, CETRIMONIUM BROMIDE, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, CITRIC ACID. [BI 666]

There are a few interesting extracts here. Aloe vera, cucumber and Green tea extracts are all humectant and soothing ingredients and Ginko extract is a soothing and anti-oxidant ingredient.
The formula is fragrance-free, alcohol-free, paraben-free and hypoallergenic.

The claims & How to use it
"- Biologically reduces and prevents redness
- Perfectly cleanses and removes make-up from the face and eyes
- Soothes and decongests
- Non-rinse

Sensibio H2O AR is the first make-up removing micellar water that mimics the skin's natural composition for perfect makeup removal and total respect for even the most sensitive skin. It also inhibits redness, by biologically regulating the factor responsible for vasodilation. The Sensibio H2O micellar waters are the first and only dermatological micellar waters perfectly compatible with the skin: their fatty acid esters, the constituent elements of micelles, are similar to the phospholipids of the skin cell membranes and naturally help rebuild the skin's hydrolipidic film. Its exclusive, innovative Rosactiv™ patent directly acts on VEGF, one of the main factors responsible for the dilation and weakening of skin capillaries, sources of redness. Cucumis sativus extract instantly soothes." From the Bioderma website.

How to use:
- Soak a cotton pad with Sensibio H2O AR.
- Gently cleanse and/or remove make-up from your face and eyes.
- Re-apply until the cotton pad becomes clean.
- And then the English version says to pat dry with a towel and the French version states you should pat your skin with your hands, so I guess both are fine. I personally use my hands.

First impressions
It doesn't smell like anything, just a medical smell. I might be imagining it but there is a VERY faint smell of cucumber/aloe. It feels very fresh, it's like water. I was a bit scared at first that it would dehydrate my skin because it is a little soapy. But my face feels so refreshed after I use it, not dry. (However I always follow up with my routine, so I don't know what would happen if I used it on its own.) I have pretty normal skin but when I wake up my skin feels pretty oily because of the products I used the night before. It does the job at making my skin feel like I'm starting from a clean face and therefore I don't mind following with the rest of my routine. I have this problem with milky cleansers where I feel like I'm putting more layers of hydration but not onto a clean skin.

Did I like it?
It has been two months since I bought it and I am halfway through the bottle. I have used it every morning instead of washing my face with soap and water like I do at night. I originally bought it to avoid using water on my skin. I have not seen any improvement on my redness since I started using it. And it doesn't feel like not using water is changing much. But I still think I have adopted micellar water / cleansing waters to wash my face in the morning. It is super practical and the dirt and dust I see each morning on my cotton pads are quite satisfactory.

Besides that, unfortunately my futon in Japan only came with one cushion, therefore I have been getting puffy eyes in the morning. Although at first it took the whole morning to depuff, I noticed since I started using the Bioderma on my eyes as well it took less time. So that is a surprising plus.

Note: 4.5/5 I l love it, but this is not a Holy grail yet, it doesn't do much for my redness, but it works great. It is not too expansive and readily available in my country. I still don't know if I will repurchase it.
How much does it cost? Around 10€ in French pharmacies, but I have not been able to find it on Amazon.

You May Also Like

1 commentaires

  1. Hey !
    J'aime beaucoup utiliser des eaux micellaires le matin, j'ai essayé les deux versions de bioderma et je préfère cette version que je trouve plus douce pour ma peau. En ce moment j'utilise une eau micellaire de la gamme sensitive mais pour le coup je suis moins fan donc je pense retournée vers bioderma quand je l'aurais finie ^^
    Bisous !

    ReplyDelete