[Review] Schmidt's - Rose + Vanilla Deodorant -- Sarah

by - May 22, 2017


I have tried a lot of deodorant but they never quite satisfy me. Recently I watched a video from Sharla (her Youtube Channel, I can't find the video, sorry) who recommended this particular deodorant on Iherb. Due to her video it had been out of stock for a while but I have finally been able to order it.

Packaging
Smaller than what I thought, it contains 57.7 grams of product. Whether this is too little or enough will depend on how fast I use it. The glass packaging looks sleek I think it is pretty. It came with a spatula but the spatula was inside the jar, which is weird, I had never seen that. But because the product is hard the spatula stayed on top. Unfortunately the lid came broken because the box was huge just for this product and a lip balm so they they were loose during the travel. You can see it a little on the left side of the lid on the photo.

Ingredients
"Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Maranta Arundinacea (Arrowroot) powder, Sodium Bicarbonate (Baking Powder), Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), natural fragrances".
It is also important to notice that this deodorant is certified Vegan & Cruelty-free. 
It is free from aluminium, propylene glycol, parabens and sulphates.

Claims & How to use it
This natural formula effectively neutralizes underarm odor and absorbs wetness. You're supposed to take a dab, warm it up with your finger and just apply it on your underarm area.

First impressions

Smells mainly like rose, the vanilla is quite faint, overpowered by the other scent. I used to think rose scent was horrible but now I kinda like it. The balm is really hard, a mix between beeswax and coconut oil. Then you take "a dab" on the tip of your fingers and warm it up. I personally had no idea what a dab was so I started small. I'd say I take the equivalent of 1 or 2 green peas for both armpits. It feels really powdery on the fingers I was not expecting that, it's quite funny actually.


On the photos it looks quite white, but now that I look at it, it looks quite grayish. I don't know if the photos is mistaking or if the product changed color... I am tending towards the second explanation.


Edit: Yep, the product is definitely changing color, becoming a shade of pinkish grey. But it doesn't affect its efficiency. 

Did I like it ?
In terms of humidity it did not absorb everything I could feel at the end of the day that it felt moist (ew, sorry), like a regular deodorant. However in terms of odors it is quite magical. With just the smallest amount it neutralized every odor. And it's not even that it smelled so strong I could not smell bad odors, like a lot of deodorants. No, instead it smelled nothing at the end of the day. I'd say this last for 24 hours, even longer if you do nothing physical. I am currently working in tea fields for an internship, under the hot and humid weather of south Japan, and it still holds on pretty well, I am thoroughly impressed.


But just because I liked it does not mean I will stop using others deodorants because when I'm traveling it is not very practical to have to wash your hands after. The glass package is not very travel friendly, and the top lid broke too. The stick version was always sold out when I ordered this one, and I did not want to wait any longer. However now that I've tried it, I will probably wait for the stick version to be back in stock as my main drawback with this product is that I have to wash my hands after. But in terms of the effectiveness, I am amazed!


Note : 4.5/5, just because of the packaging. I think I will buy it again in a bar format, maybe the same scent or maybe not. There is also a Bergamot + Lime which I am interested in.

I found it at Iherb : https://www.iherb.com/pr/schmidt-s-natural-deodorant-deodorant-rose-vanilla-2-oz-56-7-g/70531.

You May Also Like

0 commentaires