[Makeup/Swatches] Etude House - Play Color Eyes Palette in #CherryBlossom -- Sarah

by - August 15, 2017


I bought this palette in July, therefore I was very happy when I could still find it on my usual online store. It also came with a discount so it ended up being 18$ and there are now a few left at 13$ on Beautynetkorea (be careful there are shipping fees now). Pink is my favorite color, and I goes well on my eyes as well, so I was super excited to receive this. Unfortunately three shades were broken si I had to repress them with alcohol, I think you will be able to guess which.

Packaging

The palette is really slim and small which make it perfect for traveling.
I actually like the little applicators but they are quite annoying because the edges around them are not high, they tend to go everywhere.
It comes with a mirror with a sticker on it, so don't forget to take it out. It also comes with a clear plastic card with the names of the shades, too bad the shades are only in Korean, but they are available in Etude House English website now.

Claims

"The 10-color eye shadow palette colors your eyes with pink color resembling cherry blossoms dancing in spring."

"A shadow palette delivering various makeup looks with romantic & lovely point colors and natural shade colors. "

"Soft & Silky texture. Highly adhesive soft texture delivers vivid color and helps pearls last all day without cracking or settling into fine lines."

Swatches 



I used Etude House Proof 10 Eye primer on each shade. How it appears on my arm is the most pigmented you can make them. I had to go over several times for each shade to achieve this color pay-off. But it would be very different with just one swipe, it would not be as pigmented. But I don't think it is bad quality, it just goes with the more natural eye look they are aiming. Even though they aren't very pigmented with just one swipe, at least they are not patchy and they blend quite well. It is not as powdery as other palettes (like the Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance palette for example), but there is some fall-outs when you use a brush, (but I prefer using my fingers anyway).

First impressions 

The assortment of color is just perfect for me. This is mainly for cute makeup looks I believe, although you can be a bit bold with it. I would like to go through each shade to tell you what I think about it.




The End of Spring: Pink shimmer with gold glitter. Sheer with one swipe, but it can be built up.

Cherry Blossom Rain: Light pink / coral matte shade. Very soft, but it's one of the least pigmented shade. It can be used as a transition color on very pale skins. Used alone, it makes a nice natural flushed look. It can look chalky if you layer it too much.

Sweet Jujube Tea: Milky burgundy color. This is one of my favorite colors. Also very soft and quite pigmented, this is a matte shade.

Classic Chocolate Shop: Classic matte brown with red undertones. Not patchy and very soft, just like the other matte shades.

Rosy Filter: the most pigmented shade of all. This is a shimmery and totally opaque copper color.

Twinkle wink: This is a pearly gold, more white than I expected. Lots of glitter, white, gold and purple if you look very closely. Not opaque unless you really pack it on with a wet brush or your finger.

Orange way: Shimmery coral, very close to the Cherry Blossom Rain but more opaque and with shimmers and a few glitters.

Cherry Blossom Festival: A bright pink with a few white glitter but no shimmer. Can be opaque with a couple layer.

Pink bakery: Bright pink with purple glitter. Since it is darker than the other shade, it will be easier to have a bright color immediately but you can still intensify the color.

Popped Cherry Blossom Popcorn: This is a slightly pinkish white, with shimmers and glitters. This is probably not meant to be opaque, instead they went for a subtle look with this. I like it in the inner corner of my eyes.

Did I like it?

There are some matte, shimmer and glitter shades, and there are both bold and natural shades, I think it makes it a very versatile palette.
Therefore, the company claim that you can create "various makeup looks", is true, you can go for a very subtle look but you can also do a more vibrant and colorful look. I like that they only included one brown shade, to be honest I already have a shit ton of brown shades, I do not need more of them.

The matte shades (Cherry blossom Rain & Cherry Blossom Festival) can look chalky if you do multiple layers and they are the least pigmented shade. The most pigmented shade is "Rosy filter".

Personally my eye shadows never crease (probably because of the shape of my eyes) therefore neither does this palette.

Overall this isn't the most pigmented palette in the world, but it is my belief that with practice and talent, you can make almost any eye shadow look good.I would say some are very soft but the glittery shades aren't as soft as the mattes.

Note: 4/5. The point missing is for the pigmentation and the fact that it came broken. But the selection of color is amazing, and I like the versatility of this palette. I do not regret buying.


You May Also Like

0 commentaires