[Review] Skinfood - Black pomegranate Oil -- Sarah

by - August 05, 2017




Packaging

I love the dropper bottles. I think it is compatible with oils. I have not yet an oily bottle, so... can't complain. Glass bottle are always a plus, they feel sturdier and better quality. The color is a super pretty gradient from deep crimson red to pink. It contains 40 ml of product.

Ingredients

Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Caprylic/Capric Trigliceride, Methyl trimethicone, Punica granatum seed oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Punica granatum Fruit Extract, Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil, Fragrance.

Claims & How to use it

Quick-absorbing, non-sticky Black Pomegranate Oil locks in moisture and adds a glow to skin. This mysteriously dark pomegranate is enriched with a higher amount of ellagic acid and antioxidants than the common red pomegranate.

How to use: At the end of your skin care routine, dispense 2-3 droplets on the back of your hand. Use fingertips to apply to face in gentle stroking motions.

First impressions


I am not surprised there are two kinds of silicones quite up the list, because the oil feels slippery. It is a dry oil, so it feels less heavy than regular oil. It feels like there is almost nothing. The scent is very sweet and fruity although a little chemical. It gives a little shine to the skin but it disappears quickly if there is nothing underneath. On bare face it absorbs in minutes, but when I mix it with my cream it stays a little longer, maybe an hour or less.

Did I like it?

Even though an oil than penetrates can be a good thing when it is a good quality oil with renowned properties, this oil felt like it did nothing. I was expecting this oil to avoid water evaporation from the skin but it didn't. I wouldn't be mad if it was jojoba oil or rosehip oil because I know they do good things to my skin. However this oil does not create a protective layer, nor does it do anything for my skin once it has sunk in. The only use I found is to perfume my body... But the scent is not very feminine, more childish.


Note: 1.5/5. I would not repurchase this, I am already having a hard time finishing it.

You May Also Like

0 commentaires