[Review] Scinic - Aqua All in One Ampoule -- Sarah

by - May 05, 2017


I was looking for a cost-effective serum, I was not disappointed.


Packaging
The jar is gigantic! 250 ml for an ampoule/serum is a lot, god knows how long it will last me. I like that it came with a spatula, although I don't know if it will be long enough to reach the bottom of the jar when there is little product left. I will probably have to decant it into something smaller.


Ingredients


It contains niacinamide and marine collagen quite up the list, very good point! To be honest, it is the main reason why I bought it, along with Fiftyshadesofsnail's review. I don't expect anything particular from Glacier water. There are also a lot of plant extracts (Witch Hazel, Green tea, Adenosine), but I can't be bothered searching what each of them do individually. There's probably too little of each of these to have any significant effect on my skin anyway. There is some fragrance towards the end but I'm OK with it as there are so many ingredients before and lately I have been trying to really listen to my skin rather than looking too much at fragrances.


What it's supposed to do
This highly moisturizing all-in-one ampoule moisturizes skin. It contains 50% Aqua Complex + Marine Collagen Capsules. This product serves as a toner, a lotion and an essence at once. It provides whitening effects and wrinkle care with niacinamide and adenosine. And the fish marine collagen gives the skin elasticity.



First impressions
The texture is a gel with little beads inside which disappear as soon as they are touched. The gel feels very refreshing and hydrating, it sinks into the skin quite fast and leaves it bright and plump. The smell is quite present and I would describe it as a fresh smell, hard to describe. I usually dip the end of the spatula, put it in my hand and pat it in my skin. I have been using it day and night, almost every single day for 6 months and I am far from the end.



Did I like it
Yes because it feels very fresh and although I started using it in winter because I was afraid my skin would get dehydrated, I still it would still a nice addition in the summer because it feels refreshing without being heavy. It usually makes my skin a little bit smoother. I also feel my skin have been more hydrated but I can't tell for the wrinkle care and for the elasticity as I don't have wrinkles yet, though I like to use product with elasticity/wrinkle care claims for prevention.

Note: 4/5 I feel the capsules are a bit gimmicky, but overall I don't regret my purchase and will happily finish the jar.
Would I repurchase it? Not this particular one but I'd really like to try the snail version and the honey version from the same brand!

You May Also Like

0 commentaires