2017 Empties: skincare & Panproject

by - May 27, 2018



Yeah, that is somewhat late... Please don't judge me, I still have a lot of articles that I should have wrote earlier this year... These are just mini-reviews of some products I finished last year and still haven't talked about.

Bioré - UV Face Milk SPF 50+ PA++++, 5/5

I have already finished 2 or 3 bottles of this, I believe this is the first sunscreen I ever bought that was solely for my face and it was recommended to me by my sister. This is an all time favorite for oily skin. Unfortunately, my skin has been getting dryer lately, but I still used it during the hot Japanese summer. It has a nice matte finish and it never broke me out. It might have a slight white cast but it disappears quickly. It also doubles as a primer and gives a powdery finish to the skin. Would recommend for normal to oily skin.

Hadalabo - Gokujyun Essence, 3/5

I was desperately searching a cheap serum when I was in Japan and stumbled accross this. I really love the Gokujyun lotion from Hadalabo, so I thought it was a pretty safe bet. Alas, I was pretty deceived by this product. It just doesn't feel right, it was too goey and sticky for my liking, even more so if you live in a humid climate. When I was dabbing my skin I could see strings between my face and my hand. It has the same smell as the Hadalabo lotion, which is a very light fresh scent. I think the formulation is not the best, even the performance is not terrible, it was really a chore to finish.

LuLuLun - Cream Mask, 4/5

I have already complained about this product on my instagram but long story short I was just extremely deceived this was not a mask, but rather a cream specially formulated to use after you did a sheet mask. Otherwise this was a really nice, lightweight fresh cream that would be perfect for normal to oily skin. It hydrates but that's about it.

DHC - Lip Cream, 4.5/5

How CUTE is the packaging? I use lip balm all day long, I go through them pretty easily. This one is on the thicker side. I really liked using it, the packaging was also a huge plus since I've had some people asking me where I bought it. The only thing I did not like is the taste (who has never gotten lip balm in their mouth seriously?).

Etude House - Proof 10 Eye Primer, 2/5

I was not a huge fan of this eye primer, it was quite patchy even when I patted it on my eyelids. It did not provide coverage unfortunately so I probably won't repurchase. This is why I put it in my Panproject. Right now it is far from being empty but I just can't access the sides of the bottle, although it is pretty, it is not the most practical packaging.

Innisfree - The Minimum Moist Cream, 4.5/5

This was a good facial cream, made to avoid any kind of irritation. It held its promise, but as a consequence it was a bit boring, some soothing ingredients would have made it a little more fun. I would say it is best for normal to dry skin. Sensitive skin approved.

Daiso - Eyebrow Gel Clear, 5/5

I really liked this one. It lasted almost a year surprisingly, despite the small size. It made my eyebrow a little stiff, but at least they would not move even if I rubbed them, for a dollar, you can't do much better.

The Face Shop - Air Cotton Make Up Base, ?/5 just not for me.

It took me so long to finish this. I had to put it in my Panproject before it went bad because it has probably been over 2 years since I've had this. This was my first try at color correcting, it was nice, but most days I would just forget to use it. It did fade the redness but when I put too much it could make my face look sick. That was not a bad product, I just don't think it's for me. My redness aren't equally dispersed on my face, but rather look like two stripes on my cheeks so I would rather put something more pigmented but on a smaller portion of my face.

Crazy Rumors - Red Velvet 100% Natural Lip Balm, 5/5

Loved this one till the end. It really does smell like cake, I prefer it over the one I am using now which is the Cinnamon Bun one, which smell more like plain cinnamon to me.

... I can finally throw them out now... Though I still have more recent empties.

You May Also Like

1 commentaires

  1. Wow, you are so great at being able to spend all of those skincare products. Thank you very much for sharing with us. cocoonmedicalspa.com

    ReplyDelete