Monthly Sheet Mask - February

by - March 15, 2016


This month's sheet masks include:
- Tony Moly Tea Tree Soothing sheet mask
- Holika Holika Jelly-Gel Sheet mask
- Otaku - Hyluronic Acid Sheet Mask
- My Beauty Diary - Black Pearl Sheet Mask


The Top


Tony Moly - Tea tree soothing sheet mask -- Sarah

It smells like tea tree but not too strongly. Thankfully I can't smell it anymore when it is on my face. The material is good, it stays close to the skin. When you put it on, it is almost transparent, but it's not thin, just normal thickness. Personally I don't mind the thickness of a mask. The fitting is almost perfect at the exeption of the mouth which is too low. I had one inflamed pimple on my cheek waiting to be soothed. The tea tree version is a watery lotion type. There was plenty of lotion left which I applied on my thighs, and it made them super soft.

Pros:
It made my skin soft and smooth
Pores looked smaller
Cheap

Cons:
Did not do anything for my inflamed pimple

Bottom line: I will definitely buy it again.


Holika holika - Pig Collagen Jelly Gel mask sheet -- Sarah

It is a hydrogel mask in case anyone was wondering. There are 2 protection layers around the mask itself. The smell is nice and fresh. It doesn't feel as moist as other hydrogel mask I tried so I was worried that I would not get the refreshing feeling as regular sheet masks. The fitting is also not that great, it is too small on the sides: it left 1 inch between my ears and the mask uncovered. The nose was too long so I had to fold it on itself otherwise it would get stuck in my nostrils... After 30 minutes my skin felt smoother but not incredibly so. My skin didn't felt soaked like regular sheet mask, there wasn't any remaining essence to be patted into the skin.




My Scheming - Cactus Essence Hydrating Black Mask -- Sarah

I somehow always had good experiences with black sheet masks: both with the quality and the skintertainment. This mask did not dissapoint me! It is my first My Scheming sheet masks and I can now say it is worth all the good reviews I read. The scent is a kind of fresh and slightly medical smell which is quite pleasing. The fitting is very good and it stays close to the skin. The only drawback with Black masks in general is that you can't see the air bubbles and thus push them out. There is 30ml of lotion which means you should open it over a sink because it will be drenched with lotion. I usually follow the instruction when it comes to the time recommended, but 30ml just don't dry out in just 10 to 15 minutes (as the package recommends) so I left it longer. I took it off when the upper lip part was starting to dry out which is about after 40 minutes. Actually the mask was so moist it slided off abit so I had to replace it. There was a lot of essence left which I used the following day. After I took off the mask my skin felt very soft, hydrated which is all the mask promissed.

Otaku - Hyaluronic Acid Sheet Mask -- Rébecca

 First things first, the little girl on the packaging makes me super happy. This and the Hyaluronic Acid claim are the reason I bought it. The sheet mask comes with a protective plastic sheet on it, I don’t really get the purpose of that. The essence soaking the sheet mask is very liquid almost like water, it smells fresh, a bit floral that is a quite relaxing scent. The fit is ok but the eyes holes are quite small, one could say that this way it hydrates the eye contour, I’m not a huge fan because then I gets in the way when I want move my eyes. Also since it is very liquid I have drops falling on my décolleté which I don’t think is comfortable. After application my skin feels hydrated and very comfortable, my skin looks glowy (I used it on the morning and applied foundation in the early afternoon and make up looked very nice). It also worked very nicely on the redness that I have around my nose.

My Beauty Diary - Black Pearl Sheet Mask -- Rébecca


It seems to me that this one has no specific smell just a fresh one (maybe very very slightly floral). It was very similar to the Otaku one as in: it came with the plastic sheet, essence had the same consistency, it was also dripping, the fit is not perfect, the sheet mask in itself is very thing too. And it was also very nice after the application. My skin feels soft and hydrated, aka all I ask a sheet mask to do. I liked it (quite convenient since I bought a pack of 10).

You May Also Like

0 commentaires