[Review] Sana - Hadanomy Collagen Mist -- Rébecca

by - March 04, 2016

Sana Hadanomy Collagen Mist

The Sana Hadanomy Collagen Mist is as the name would suggest a mist and is supposed to hydrate the skin. I don’t really remember when I bought it but part of the reason why is the cute bottle and the collagen in the name (I’m weak and I know it) and I bought it thinking I would use it as a lotion back when I thought that I would use the Hadacrie EVERY DAY and thought that I needed to buy liters and liters of lotion to go with it.

I can’t find a website for the brand but here are the claims for this product that I was able to find on some of the websites that sell it:
Sasa.com:
Sana HADANOMY Collagen Mist, a gel-type mist, contains collagen that has been specially processed to make it sink deeply into skin in an easier way, enhancing skin elasticity and moisture level. The skin is left supple.
It delivers a light floral scent. You may apply it after bath, after cleansing face or before make-up to instantly hydrate skin.
Gently massage the face until the mist is fully absorbed.
Yesstyle.com:
An instant picker-upper, Hadanomy Collagen Mist sprays skin with rich moisture from a combination of micro collagen, hyaluronic acid, honey and acerola extract. Potent skin hydrators quickly penetrate skin, providing moisture right where skin dryness begins to develop for perfectly moisturized skin with a silky soft and supple feel. Spray mist on cleansed skin, or before applying makeup, gently patting into skin to hasten absorption.
A gel-type mist, contains collagen that has been specially processed to make it sink deeply into skin in an easier way.
Enhancing skin elasticity and moisture level.
The skin is left supple.
It delivers a light floral scent.
You may apply it after bath, after cleansing face or before make-up to instantly hydrate skin.

It comes in a spray bottle, some find it convinent,
 I... not so much

It comes in a 250ml (about 8.5 fl oz) pink plastic spray bottle. The bottle is quite cute (hence one of the reasons why I bought it) but to be honest it gives it a childish look (now that might be the little French me, I feel like most product advertised as containing collagen in France are dedicated to older / wrinkly skins hence the clash with the younger looking packaging). The spray bottle is nice, if you like to spray thing on your face that is, it personally is not my thing as I feel like I’m losing some products with this type of application so I spray on my hands and apply on my face after. But to each his own that might be a nice thing. I’ll let you judge on that. The product itself is just a gel-y kind of water, it is more liquid that Japanese lotion (say Hadalabo Gokujyun) but not like water either. The product is clear but a bit cloudy (the bottle makes it look rose but that just is the packaging) and smells very lightly of rose and a bit of a more fruity thing (I guess that is the acerola). If you were to spray it directly on the face I have to say that the dropplets are not very thin, so you can spray it directly but you have to then pat you face, it is not one of those spray and voilà.

It really looks like a water but slightly more gel like.

According to CosDNA only Butylene Glycol (a slip agent and penetration enhancer that has humectant properties) scores a 1 out of 5 as a potential acne trigger and Carbomer (helps to create a gel-like consistency) is potentially irritant (1 out of 5) otherwise all ingredients are described as green light safe but for 3 that are yellow light safe. It contains alcohol (don’t know which type), now I’m one who think that alcohol can be good in a well formulated product and if there is not too much (to me it must not be in the first 5 ingredients (that can depend on the length of the list), my rule usually is: if I can smell it then there is too much of it to be good, not very scientific), here it is in third position, I would say it’s a bit too much for my liking but the product does not smell of alcohol which could be a good sign (all in all, I don’t know what to think about it here). Otherwise it does contain collagen (5th on the list) a humectant (the form contained is hydrolyzed collagen from what I have read about it it is derived from animal or fish)), honey (12th position) an emollient (softens the skin), humectant (helps to maintain the water level in the skin) and hydrating ingredient (increase the levels of water in the skin), acerola extract (17th on the list) (which contains vitamin C, A and B and has antioxidant properties) and rose flower oil extract (in last position) that has astringent, toning, emollient and antioxidant properties (being in last position I guess you don’t benefit a lot from it, but it does make the product smell nicely).

I had just prayed it and tried to take the photo
but my skin has already started to absorb it.

My thoughts on it
Well I’m quite torn about it. I have not seen any negative effect on my skin while using it but used as a lotion I have not seen any difference from when I’m not using it. Overall it is not bad but does not seem to be good either. It does feel hydrating but just like a regular lotion / toner.
It does smell good and feels nice using but it is not a life changer.
Used in DIY Lotion mask (I soak one compressed sheet mask tablet with it) it does feel very nice, fresh and cooling, it is not as good as a sheet mask but I’ve noticed a bit more results used that way: my skin is very slightly softer and it helps pretty well to reduce the redness and the pores around my nose are less visible (probably the astringent properties of alcohol/rose) but that is it as it does not overly hydrate that way either (but the redness diminution is one reason why I used it that way several time – sometimes I would even just soak two regular cotton pads with it and leave it around my nose/cheeks).

OVERALL
Pros:
*smells nice
*feels fresh
*penetrates quickly
*does not leave a tacky feeling
(*cute)

Cons:
*maybe too much alcohol (I can't quite decide)
*no real effects (well there are some, as in my skin feels hydrated but it does not do a little thing for that makes me like, oulala whaoh)

Note: 2.5/5

Would I repurchase ? Probably not.

Price: 12.7$ sur sasa.com

You May Also Like

0 commentaires