My 7 day sheet mask challenge + It's Skin Moisture Haru Daily mask sheets

by - March 12, 2016

In this post:
- What is the 7 day sheet mask challenge
- Why I started it
- The masks I used : It's skin Moisture Haru Daily mask sheet
- The results


What is this challenge, what is it supposed to do:


"The team at Soko Glam has cooked up a fun challenge for you to do and this time it’s going to benefit your skin! We all believe in the powerful effects of sheet masks and thought they would be one way to show you how glowing and dewy your skin can be after making an effort to treat your skin to some TLC!If you’re up for the #soko7daychallenge this is how you participate:

Step 1. Use one sheet mask per day for 7 days straight and watch your skin glow!
Step 2. Post a sheet mask selfie on Instagram, Twitter, or Facebook with the hashtag #soko7daychallenge and tag three friends that you want to challenge.
Step 3. Everyone glows!


There is a lot of instant gratification when it comes to sheet masking. When your skin is especially tired and stressed, your skin mingles with the mask’s beneficial ingredients like skin-loving hyaluronic acid or snail mucin. When you peel off the mask, you see your skin become incredibly soft and plump with moisture. You’ll have a healthy, dewy glow!" From the Sokoglam blog.

Why I started this challenge:

I started this challenge because my skin is very dehydrated, especially in winter and I love challenges. What I definitely noticed recently is my skin being less oily because I have been using more sheet masks than ever because I have normal skin now but when it is dehydrated it produces more oil. So when I saw the hashtag on Sokoglam, I wanted to give it a try.

It's Skin Moisture Haru Daily mask sheets
Source: Testerkorea, not sold anymore

I think the sheet mask that I tried aren't the best. The first time I bought not individually packaged sheet masks was Lululun's sheet masks and I didn't like them a lot. In fact I had the same problems with It's Skin Haru Daily sheet masks. First: poor fitting. The eye part were way too large, actually the mask itself was too large. I had to fold it on the side because it looked like that:

Source: Tropiquarium

The mask also doesn't stay close to the skin but I am suspecting this to be caused by the essence rather than the material. I was quite surprised because the essence is actually a gel. At least the consistency wasn't runny and thus it didn't dripped. Another problem I noticed not only with those masks but with bundled sheet masks in general is that the first day there is very little product on the mask but on the last day there is too much left.

The results:

After the third day my skin was more hydrated even at the end of the day. More water in my skin made my skin produce less oil. Even at the end of the day my makeup was intact. It also meant that my makeup looked better. I did not notice other effects such as brightening or whitening on my skin but the sheet mask didn't advertized anything else than just moisture. Some people before trying this challenge were worried that it would be too much and that at the end of the week their skin would be greasy/breaking out. Since my mask was hydrating (e.g water based) I did not have this problem. Of course as with any sheet mask, it made my skin smoother. I think I will be doing this again as I really liked the results but not with bundled sheet masks. Thanks to this challenge I also noticed that when my skin is well hydrated it tends to be less red which encourages me to do sheet masks even more often.

You May Also Like

0 commentaires