[Haul + mini review] Etude House products !

by - September 17, 2016


I'm going to do mini reviews of the few Etude House items that I bought recently
1- Proof 10 Eye Primer
2- Precious mineral BB cream - cover and bright fit (# natural beige)
3- Silk Scarf Repair Hair Essence
4- Petit Bijou Cotton Snow Moisture Body Lotion



I bought the primer and the BB cream at beautynetkorea.net and the hair essence and body lotion at testerkorea.com for those wondering.

1- Proof 10 Eye Primer

"Proof 10 Eye Primer supplies coverage to eyelids and around the eyes to enhance eye shadow color and integrity for a longer lasting, Perfect 10 look".

It doesn't smell very good but I didn't notice until I did this review and I direclty smell in the tube so it is not very noticable. It has a doe foot applicator that is quite practical. The tube is super pretty and I find that 10ml is a god amount. Usually when there is more product in the tube, the primer tends to dry out before I finish it so I don't mind that the Proof 10 primer is quite small. I don't have oily eyelids so my eyeshadows never crease but I wanted the colors to be more vivid because some of my eyeshadows aren't highly pigmented. It makes eyeshadows look more pigmented and intense though to me it doesn't provide good coverage if that's what you're looking for. I'd even say it looks a bit patchy before putting on the eyeshadow. The product say it will make any eyeshadow waterproof and it is true! I tried it on the back of my hand and put it under the water: almost nothing came off.
I don't regret buying this, but the texture is a little weird for me.

2- Cover & Bright fit BB cream

From the Etude House Website: "This is a cover & bright fit BB Cream that smoothly glides onto skin with its Double Fitting Concealer Technology"

I was really surprised of the coverage of this BB cream. Even though it is supposed to have a good coverage given the name, all the BB cream that I had tried so far had medium coverage at most. This have a medium-high coverage. It covers perfectly my redness and blurs my pores a little but it does not minimize the appearence of pimples. As a NW20 I'm between the Beige and Natural Beige. The tone is quite yellow, but I don't mind as I have very yellow skin. One thing that I really didn't like is that if I don't use a powder it looks super glowy. But not the "glowing from the inside" glowy, the "weird, plastic-like" kind of glowy. But it dissapears with powder. I'd say it blends quite well and holds very well without creasing. I likes this BB cream a lot and I will buy it again in the lightest shade for the winter, but Natural beige would suit my summer tan skin better.

3- Silk Scarf Repair Hair Essence

Once again I got caught by the cutesy packaging. It smells heavenly. But this is absolutely not a serum. This stuff is just a concentrate of silicone (which isn't a bad thing itself I just believe it doesn't deserve the name serum). It nicely coats the hair making it soft and shiny. Recently LabMuffin published an article on how heat protectant products work (see it here!) saying that silicone based hair product could work like a heat protectant because of the way it has low heat conductivity and the way it coats the hair. This article is very initeresting so I wanted to show it to you even though it has little to do with my review. All in all, I liked this product but I won't buy it again.

4- Petit Bijou Cotton Snow Moisture Body Lotion

This lotion is super spreadable but not rich. It is made for those that are looking for light hydration and a nice smell but not for people who need deep nutrition. It smells like baby powder which suits very well the packaging. I like to always have it at hand on my desk for each time my hands feel dry but I don't want greasy hands. I don't think I will purchase it again, I want to try other scents.

You May Also Like

0 commentaires