January Empties

by - September 17, 2016


What we finished this month:
- The Face Shop - Rice Water Bright Light Cleansing Oil
- Clarins - Moisture - Rich Body Lotion
- The Face Shop - Green Tea Waterfull Serum
- Clarins - Daily Energizer Cleansing Gel
- Bobbi Brown - Hydrating Eye Cream (not pictured)
- Re:cipe - Rose Petal Cleansing Oil
- Lancôme - Tonique Douceur
- Holika Holika - One solution Clear Ampoule
- Clinique - Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm

We actually finished those a while ago but forgot to post them so here they are.

The Face Shop - Rice Water Bright Light Cleansing Oil -- Sarah

Just after I finished the soda cleansing oil from Holika Holika (the worst cleansing oil I've ever tried so far) I was hoping I would have more luck with my next one. I was wrong. This oil is the second worst that I have tried. First the scent is quite pleasant but somehow when I emulfy the oil the scent becomes dusty, really weird. As the name suggests the oil is light, very thin. But unfortunately, it was so thin that it couldn't dissolve my mascara and every night I had to get my eye makeup off with a Q-tip. Also, since it is very liquidy it could very easily go into my eye. It did'nt burn like the soda oil did but it made me cry as if I just cut an onion. The last thing that is really weird is that when I add water, it gets thicker! Not thinner like every oil I tested so far. It isn't really a problem, it just really confused me.

Would I purchase it again? Nope! I'm wondering if the rich version is any better but I'm not taking any chance here.

Clarins - Moisture-Rich Body Lotion -- Rébecca

I LOVE this product too. It might have become my body holy-grail. I received this 100ml trial size along with a purchase I made a few months back and at first the 'rich' quite put me off. My body skin is quite dry and I need to moisturize it very regularly or it does not feel comfortable yet I don't like my body products to be too rich that it makes your clothes or bed sheets stick, eurk. This one is perfect. You need the smallest amount because it spreads super easily and yet feels very hydrating, not sticky at all and the hydrated feeling last for the whole day. Some days I would apply it in the morning and by the end of the day you would find me caressing my arms like 'I'm so soft!'.

Would I repurchase it again? Yes absolutely, I have a bottle awaiting to be opened.

The Face Shop - Green Tea Waterfull Serum -- Sarah

It was a good product but it did not amaze me. It was hydrating, but most of its effect cannot be tested on the short term because antioxidants only prevent so there is no visible action. It was very affordable which I appreciate and it is easily available. The size is also very good, twice the size of a regular serum (60ml instead 30ml)!

Would I repurchase it again? Probably not but I'm not sure, I do need some antioxidants...

Bobbi Brown - Hydrating Eye Cream -- Rébecca
(not pictured)

There are website that allow you to chose which sample you want to receive and those have a very special spot in my heart. I was purchasing an eye corrector and decided to chose the eye cream sample mostly because I had a week-end trip planned and trips are the only time I bring sample with me. I started this sample in October and finised it in the beginning of march so I can say now that 3ml can last me about 5 months (I was only using it in the morning) that is a huge amount of time. All in all it is a very simple kind of eye cream (and don't get me wrong this is a plus for me, I don't like to try unusual ingredients around my eyes) that did the job very well. I don't really see major results when it gets to eye cream since no ingredients has a real impact on dark circles and my eye area other that being very dehydrated is not particularly bad. Well this eye cream was perfect in keeping it hydrated.

Would I repurchase it again? Maybe, this product is 42€ so I might buy it during a sale or choose it as a sample again. Buying it full price... maybe not, but I would like to use it again.

Lancôme - Tonique Douceur -- Rébecca

I LOVE this toner. But I love toners in general so...
I like to use toner to kind of wet my skin to make it ready to absord all the product that I will use after, what I want in a toner is for it to be gentle on my skin, not drying (any alcohol is unwelcomed at this stage) and to have a few hydrating properties. This one does it all. Some might think that the smell is a bit old lady-ish, I like it a lot (it reminds me of somthing I can't quite remember but anyway). It is a bit on the pricey side for a just a toner but I just like it so much that I like to treat myself with it.

Would I repurchase it again? Yes, I come back to it regularly.

Clarins - Daily Energizer Cleansing Gel -- Rébecca

I like the texture (it's a gel) and the smell (a bit floral maybe) of that one. It was nice to use but nothing life changing. I've started using cleanser in the morning too instead of a cleansing balm, that plus the only 75ml (2.6 Oz) of this product made me feel like I used it super quickly. But anyway. It was nice.

Would I repurchase it again? Probably not, I'm trying to switch to low pH cleanser to see if my skin gets better and this one has a pH of 7.

Recipe - Rose Petal Cleansing Oil -- Rébecca

Another one of those products that I absolutely love. This one is probably my favorite cleansing oil ever. I discovered it about 2 to 3 years ago and I've purchased it regularly ever since. One bottle usually last me about 3 to 4 months. It has a smell, but a light one and one that goes away once you rince it. It emulsifies very well and does not leave any oily residue on the skin. If you are not the kind to double cleanse then this one's for you. It does not contain mineral oil which is what I'm looking for, and it removes waterproof mascara really well (I wear waterproof mascara every day, anything that does not remove it is going straight to the shelve of products I'm going to disregard until they are covered in dust) and it does not sting the eyes (which is another reason for me to send product to the disregarded products shelve). I'm also very tempted to try the green tea version of this oil.

Would I repurchase it again? Yes, absolutely.

Clinique - Take the day off cleansing balm -- Rébecca

This is another one of those, I can buy you again no questions asked. I use cleansing balms the way I use cleansing oils: to remove my make-up. As with all Clinique's products they contain no fragrance which is nice if you want to use it on the eye area. Again this one is perfect for waterproof mascara and does not sting the eye (but you know that white-ish thing you may have on your eyes after you've rinced the oil off? it tends to stay for a bit longer that with an oil (not a long long time but for about 2 minutes)). I especially like balms in winter as the texture is a bit heavier and feels more comforting. I also think this balm especially nice to travel with (more than an oil).

Would I repurchase it again? Yes, it is my go to to buy in France (as in: my go to is the Re:cipe one, but I need to buy it online and wait for it to arrive, whereas I can find the Clinique one in a physical shop in my city).

Holika Holika - One solution Clear Ampoule -- Sarah

One thing that I don't like about having to order online for korean product is that for some product you just can't find the ingredients. At that time I was just avoiding alcohol and fragrance in the first ingredients. So imagine how much I was dissapointed when I learned upon its arrival in my house that the second ingredient was alcohol?? Never even tried it. Sorry!

Would I repurchase again? No, and I advise not to buy it either.

You May Also Like

0 commentaires