[Review] Skinfood - Rice Mask Wash Off

by - September 21, 2016



What it claims to do:

"Skinfood Rice Mask is a wash off mask that transforms skin into a pure and soft texture, and contains rice bran water".


First impressions:

It smells very nice, very fresh. The first time I used it I decided to massage for 5 minutes and let it sit for 10 more minutes since my skin is very sensitive and I never massage my face for as long as they recommend (10 to 15 minutes). I gradually increased the massaging time but for the moment I'm trying to see what my sensitive skin can take. The rice bits are very small which is nice, I doesn't feel like scraping your dead skin off like it felt with the Tony Moly Gold Black Sugar Mask. I can't even feel the exfoliation to be honest.

The second time, after 5 minutes of massaging, my face did not feel on fire. After another 5 minutes it looks like my skin absorbed some of the product since my face is less white. After I washed it off my face looked brightened and felt a little bit smoother.

The third time, I put less product and was surprised that after 5 minutes not only my skin absorbed some product but it turned in a slightly oily consistency and massaging felt different. This time since there was less product there was more friction and my face was more red after the 10 minutes.

All in all I like this product but I'm not that impressed. I find the best way to use it for me is to put the product evenly on my face, let my skin absorb some of the product for 10 minutes and massage after for just one minute. It is a nice hydrating mask that makes the skin smoother but I'm not as excited as other bloggers are about this product, maybe because I can't massage my face for too long.

Will I buy it again? Probably not, I should have known that buying a product that I'd have to massage for 10 minutes was a bad idea.

You May Also Like

2 commentaires

  1. no, please no. don't massage for 15minutes. the direction is wrong. it was mistranslation. if your skin is sensitive. just put on your skin and leave it as a mask. wash off after 10-15minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well that's what I guessed which is why I don't massage anymore. Thank you though!

    ReplyDelete