[Review] Tony Moly - Intense Care Dual Effect Sleeping Pack -- Sarah

by - July 10, 2017



I usually don't like Tony moly's skincare products. They often contain alcohol, fragrance, dyes, and so on. This one is not an exception. But even though I am trying to avoid those kind of negative ingredients, I received a sample a long time ago, before I even knew how to read ingredient labels and I felt in love ever since.



Packaging


The pump is very hygienic. A pump is a little bit much in my opinion, I usually only take half of it.
















Ingredients

Water, Glycerin, Alcohol, Butylene Glycol, Arbutin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Hydrolyzed Rye Phytoplacenta Extract, PEG-100 Stereate, Glyceryl Stearate, Bis-PEG-18 Methyl Ether Dimethyl Silane, Sodium Polyacrylate, Betaine, PEG-10 Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Cross polymer, Dimethicone, Sodium Hyaluronate, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Ceramide 3, Centella Asiatica Extract, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Daemonorops Draco Extract, Punica Granatum Fruit Extract, Campsis Grandiflora Flower Extract, Selaginella Tamariscina Extract, Trehalose, Adenosine, Disodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Fragrance.

The third ingredient is Alcohol. For someone like me who have rosacea I am always trying to avoid Alcohol, let alone as the third ingredients. Then, we have Arbutin as the 5th ingredients, this whitening ingredient might explain my feelings about this product, but more on this later. Then there's Cetearyl Alcohol which is fatty alcohol or "good" alcohol, it means it does the opposite of regular alcohols. I could not find anything related to Hydrolyzed Rye Photoplacenta extracts, but plant-derived placenta usually is used as an anti-aging ingredient. As I have already mentioned, right now I have no problem with parabens.
As always there will be some plant extracts that are probably to scarce to do anything : Hyaluronic Acid, Ceramide, Centella Asiatica, Ginseng, Pomegranate... They all have anti-aging properties which is coherent to the product's merchandising.
The fragrance comes to no surprise as the product smells very perfumey.

Claims & How tu use

As always the description I found was not written in a very good English, so I tried my best to translate it better but as I am not a native English speaker, it's still not 100% correct English, sorry...

[From Beautynetkorea]
This product has skin whitening properties, anti wrinkle system and a good sleep mechanism technology. It smooths the skin texture, moisturizes and gives elasticity to the skin while you sleep.
[From RoseRoseShop]
The multi-functional sleeping pack clears and brightens dull skin caused by wrinkles and loss of elasticity during sleep.

How to use: Take a dime-size amount for the entire face, spread it gently and dab. Wash the next morning with warm water.

I personally use it after my cream, not instead. And I rince it with micellar water in the morning.

First impressions



I find the smell amazing. But it is quite heavily fragranced, I think persons sensitive to smells should stay away from it. It's a bit sticky and it takes a long time for the skin to absorb but I don't mind. And there might not be this problem if used instead of a night cream. Moreover it has a matte finish to it so I don't mind showing my face to my boyfriend after. It feels a little heavy but I had no whiteheads after using it, which is what usually happens when I use a product that is not adapted to my skin type. I might be totally crazy but I also had the impression it helped my bruise fade quicker? Because I had a little scratch and a bruise on my knee once, so I put this cream and immediately, the bruise seemed to have faded. I'm not a 100% sure, but if anyone have it, I would like your opinion on that.

Did I like it

It's really weird because even though the ingredients are clearly not good, it works wonders with my skin. It has amazing brightening effects and calms down my redness dramatically. I don't like when I don't understand why my skin behaves the way I expect it. So I am quite perplexed. I will happily use it but will I repurchase it? I have no idea...

Note: 3/5, this was really hard to estimate as I have such mixed feelings about this product. I have no idea if I will buy this again.

I'm sorry if there is any mistake, keep in mind my native language is not English, but I will happily correct any mistake if you tell me :)

You May Also Like

0 commentaires