[Makeup] Lancôme Juicy Shaker / Canmake Lip Tint Syrup: Dupes? -- Sarah

by - November 05, 2017


Packaging

- The Juicy Shaker is a glass bottle with a shaker shape. If you shake it you can hear a ball inside. When you open it the applicator is a big cone-shaped sponge. It does not directly dip in the product, there are just three tiny holes so that each time you get the perfect amount according to the brand. Personally I don't need to shake each time. The oil and pigment separates when you don't use it for a few days, that is normal! It contains 6.5 milliliters of product, generous for a luxury brand.

- The Lip Tint Syrup comes in a plastic container. It feels a lot lighter. The shapes and curves are very feminine in my opinion and I like the gold metallic parts. The doe foot applicator is thin, flat and straight. Just like the Lancôme, it is supposed to give you the optimum amount of product for one application and to follow the natural curves of your lips... ? A straight applicator to follow the CURVES of your lips? Um ok canmake...



Claims

- From Sephora's website: "Juicy Shaker’s bi-phase technology delivers the first pigmented lip oil with two distinct phases. The first phase features a transparent oil for a comfortable, non-sticky shine. Formulated with a blend of five nourishing oils, it treats your lips like a lip balm. Peach kernel oil, a well-known emollient, softens lips while sweet almond oil conditions, apricot oil hydrates, and cranberry oil provides rich antioxidant properties. Muscat rose oil, which is rich in essential fatty acids, helps to soothe your lips. The second phase provides pigment for a touch of color. Shake the bottle like a cocktail shaker to emulsify them together. The cushion applicator enhances application by delivering the perfect amount of non-sticky shine and a sheer tint of color to lips."

-From Canmake's website: "A completely new syrup-like texture, which moisturizes without stickiness. We've taken pains to create a comfortable, dry-touch texture, while minimizing the uncomfortable stickiness and sliminess that tends to increase in proportion to moisturizing ability. This syrup spreads lusciously over your lips, ensuring that you can enjoy lip make-up without worrying about hair or clothing sticking to your lips. Color stays on even after eating. The color actually gets brighter over time, so it stays firmly on your lips. The precise color will vary between individuals. Provides a naturally rosy look. Gives lips a natural sheen that looks like you're not wearing any make-up at all. The color develops as though your lips are gradually becoming rosier from within, creating a gentle look."

Swatches & Longetivity


Top shade is Canmake in #02 Strawberry Suryp
Bottom shade is Lancôme in #151 Cherry Symphony

As you can see, the top swatch is more of a true red, with orange undertones while the bottom is just like the name suggest a cherry red, although the cherry side is less obvious in real life. It is quite sheer, but when I heard the Lancôme was a tint, I understood it was like Korean tints, that it would leave a stain on the lip. But that's not the case for either: as the lip oil fades away, the "tint" doesn't last much longer than the oil.

They will hold like a light lip balm, which is a couple of hours. So if you don't like touching up frequently, those products aren't for you.




First impressions

The textures are very similar, they are an oil based product. In fact I could use this in lieu of a lip balm, they are extremely comfortable. I don't really understand why Canmake called its product a syrup, it's not really the texture you want for a lip product, it sounds sticky and gooey while it is not. I am not sure whether you can see it or not on the photo on the right, but the Canmake lip syrup (on the right) is slightly thicker.

For both products I took a darker red shade because there would be more pigmentation and a longer tint effect. But the shades I chose are not matching, therefore I won't be discussing them in terms of color, even though you could probably find each of Canmake shades in Lancôme.

I think Lancôme's claim are on point, it really feels lightweight yet moisturizing, gives a sheer color to the lips and a little shine. Neither of them are sticky. I don't agree with Canmake's claim that it will survive eating, it won't. I don't even understand how the color could intensify but that may be poor translation ... ?


Did I like them?  &  Are they good dupes?

The advantage of the Lancôme Juicy Shaker is the wider range of colors. Canmake unfortunately offers only four shades. The Lancôme is lighter and a little bit more gritty whereas the Lip syrup is a little more gel-like and more glossy. I have a slight preference of texture for the canmake but the Lancôme packaging is sturdier and holds more product (although I could not find the exact amount for Canmake, It's pretty obvious there is less product when you compare the sizes).

I also prefer the Lancôme applicator which allows a better gradient effect and since it is bigger it makes the application faster and easier. Though for some the packaging could be bulky and not as cute as the Canmake. But the straight and thin doe foot applicator is just not as fun and not nearly as practical as a regular one unfortunately.

The color payoff gives a super cute feminine and natural look which I personally love. I also don't mind reapplying often so for me, it's a win. Both have a light fruity smell which I find pleasurable.

I can't say they are exact perfect dupes BUT they are close enough that I use them interchangeably. So if you don't want to spend US $25 for a lip oil, I would suggest you to try the Canmake one, which is roughly US $12. (I bought mine on Ichibankao)

Would I buy them again? Yes, I like them both. I took the Lancôme Cherry Symphony but I was torn between another shade: Mangoes Wild. I would also like to get two other shades from Canmake.



You May Also Like

0 commentaires