[Review] COSRX - Advanced Snail 92 All-in-One Cream --- Sarah

by - February 02, 2017


Before I start with the review I would like to apologize if this review ends up being a comparison between this cream and the Mizon one. The truth is : once you have found your holy grail, you just can't avoid comparing every single cream to it. Moreover the creams are very close in terms of ingredients, aims and claims so it was inevitable that I would compare them. I hope you will like my review anyway.



Packaging
The product comes in a glass jar which I don't hate, I believe with the preservatives they put in cosmetics nowadays there is very little chance of contamination. Check out this article if you're interested! It came with a spatula which is super convenient. However the jar was so full of product it was kinda hard at the beginning not to put cream everywhere which made me loathe that middle lid. Yeah I know I could have thrown away this lid... I just did not think twice about it.


Ingredients & What it's supposed to do
Snail Secretion Filtrate, Betaine, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Cetearyl Olivate, Sorbitan Olivate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Cetearyl Alcohol, stearic acis, Arginine, Dimethicone, Carbomer, Panthenol, Allantoin, Sodium Polyacrylate, Xantham Gum, Ethyl Hexanediol, Adenosine, Phenoxyethanol.

92% is a very high percentage for any ingredient list, but that does not mean it will be good, more on that later. Snail mucus is AMAZING. I think it might be my favorite ingredient in skincare. It repairs, soothes, hydrates, promotes healthy skin barrier, calms redness and so on.
The ingredient list is very good, like every COSRX products I have tried so far. No bad alcohols, fragrances, no major irritant (except maybe Allantoin). The second ingredient is Betaine which is a humectant and anti-irritant. Cetearyl alcohol is a fatty alcohol, so you should not be afraid of it, it mainly serves as an emollient here. There is also Sodium Hyaluronate which is probably my #2 favorite ingredient. Sodium hyaluronate isn't the smallest nor the biggest form of Hyaluronic acid. Overall I like the ingredients.


First impressions
This cream is a little sticky at first I'd say, I feel it takes a tiny bit longer to be absorbed than the Mizon Snail Gel Cream. There was virtually no scent to it. The texture is a bit slimy since it contains 92% snail mucus which I know could put off some people but I personally did not mind.















Did I like it?
It is good but I think the balance between the ingredients (humectants, occlusives and emollients) isn't that good. There isn't a lot of emollients, therefore my skin feels less soft. As I was mentioning it before, just because there is a big percentage of a "good" ingredients doesn't equate to a good formulation.

Therefore although snail mucus is my favorite skincare ingredient (along with Hyaluronic Acid) I have to say I did not like it as much as the Mizon snail gel cream. It did not cause any flare ups or redness, it even helped. But the thing is I am not impressed. In my opinion it is very similar to the Mizon Black Snail All in One Cream, I had the same reaction, it's good but not enough to make me buy another jar.

Note : I think it still deserve a 4/5!

Where you can find it:
Stylekorean
Yesstyle
Testerkorea

You May Also Like

0 commentaires