My goals for 2017 --- Sarah

by - February 07, 2017



Yeah I know, it's already February and I am only posting this year's goals now, sorry for being late, better late than never. In today's post I will start with my 2016 objectives and see if I have accomplished them and then I will try to give myself some new goals to accomplish this year.


2016 Goals

"Using more sheet masks" 
I definitely used more sheet masks and I even had a one-week challenge where I used a sheet mask a day. You can find my article about it here. I definitely nailed this one.

"Using hand cream and lip balm with SPF" 
I still haven't buy a single hand cream with SPF but for my defense I still have like 6 hand creams in stock from mainly Rébecca and some that I received as a gift. However with all the cute creams that there are on the market I don't know if will be able to choose medical, not cute looking creams. As for the SPF there is some improvement as I have some lip products with SPF, I could do better though. 

"More research on the ingredients of the products I buy"
I definitely accomplished this one! As I have been confirmed that I have mild rosacea I have been taking extra precaution about the ingredients of the new products that I bought: avoiding perfumes and alcohols mainly. I started to read more scientific data and studies to improve my knowledge, not only in terms of ingredients to avoid but also in terms of diet and environment elements that could affect my rosacea.

"Switching to chemical exfoliation"
I did stop scrubs altogether and switched to an AHA based exfoliation. However I will have to find an alternative as AHA isn't recommended for persons with rosacea. The option that I am considering are Niacinamide, Vitamin C, retinol and BHA. But before taking any decision I will have to see a dermatologist.

"More healthy eating"
I stopped milk and only kept processed dairy products (cheese mainly) that contain less hormones. I also stopped meat after the summer, both for environmental and health concerns. I guess the next step is to incorporate more legumes and seeds and to slow down on sugar and salt.


My new goals for 2017:

- As I've already mentioned I intended last year to start using hand cream with SPF but I failed. Instead I will change this objective into: put SPF on my hands each mornings at the same time I put some on my face. This one is just about remembering really... 

- Finish all products that contains bad ingredients. When I was confirmed I had rosacea I didn't throw away every skincare product that I had but rather I focused on buying the next one with more precaution;

- Stop AHA and find an alternative exfoliating product that is suitable for rosacea;

- Find more products that are calming and repairing that my skin enjoys;

- Less salt & sugar for a beautiful skin & finding which ingredients inflame my skin.

You may have noticed it, most of my 2017 goals are related to me having rosacea, unfortunately it is not something that I can cure so I guess it will be always this way. I just don't want it to make Asian Beauty less fun for me. I really think that because companies are each time more aware of their formulation I won't have to stick to ugly, medical looking packaging because let's face it I'm a sucker for cute / pink / sparkly packaging. Wish me luck.

You May Also Like

0 commentaires