[Review/Comparison] Innisfree cleansing oil: juicy apple and green tea - Sarah

by - February 18, 2017


Packaging
The packaging is pretty basic, nothing much to say about it. However for some unknown reason, although both bottle are the exact same somehow the Apple Cleansing oil was leaking the whole time I used it at the base of the pump. Ugh, WHY. I could have transferred the remaining oil into the other bottle but I didn't, I'm just THAT lazy.



What it's supposed to do
(I found this on Innisfree's website)
Apple Juicy: A deep-cleansing oil for smooth and healthy skin. This gentle cleansing oil simultaneously removes makeup, dirt, and sebum. The easy-to-rinse formula does not leave an oily residue. Enjoy the sweet and sour scent of apples!
Green Tea: Fresh green tea water squeezed out from organically grown fresh green tea leaves is rich in amino acids and minerals that moisturize and brighten skin that's become dehydrated by cleansing.his product contains argan oil that has excellent moisturizing power and babassu oil that protects moisture to smoothly and moistly cleanse the face without any dryness.

Ingredients
Apple Juicy: CETYL ETHYLHEXANOATE, TRIETHYLHEXANOIN, POLYGLYCERYL-10 DIOLEATE, HYDROGENATED POLY(C6-14 OLEFIN), PEG-8 GLYCERYL ISOSTEARATE, CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE, PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRAISOSTEARATE, PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRAETHYLHEXANOATE, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, HYDROGENATED POLYISOBUTENE, CYCLOHEXASILOXANE, PYRUS MALUS (APPLE) FRUIT EXTRACT, CITRUS UNSHIU PEEL EXTRACT, ORCHID EXTRACT, CAMELLIA SINENSIS LEAF EXTRACT, CAMELLIA JAPONICA LEAF EXTRACT, OPUNTIA COCCINELLIFERA FRUIT EXTRACT, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, FRAGRANCE
Green Tea: C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraethylhexanoate, PEG-20 Glyceryl Triisostearate, Octyldodecyl Myristate, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, PEG-8 Isostearate, Hydrogenated Poly(C6-14 Olefin), Isopropyl Palmitate, *The green Tea Extract(0.01%), Camellia Leaf Extract, Orchid Extract, Tangerine Peel Extract, Prickly Pear Extract, Macadamia Integrifolia Seed Oil, Dextrin Palmitate/Ethylhexanoate, Fragrance

First impressions
I'd say both feel different. The green tea one smelled not like you would expect, quite herbal, but not like green tea. It was lighter in consistency but it turned thicker when mixed with water, and this is not something I appreciate with my cleansing oil. I would even say this is a deal breaker actually. The Apple one smelled like artificial apple flavor, which I don't mind. It was thicker so I had to use a tiny bit more product but it also did a better job at removing mascara.

Did I like it
In terms of smell I preferred the Apple one although the scent was a little artificial in my opinion.I don't personally like herbal smells, but that's just my preference, you might like it. I quite liked them but because I didn't really like the green tea scent I probably won't buy it again. I am not sure about the Apple one. I also felt that the Apple one was more effective at removing makeup and it did not get thicker when emulsified.

Note
Green Tea: 3.5/5
Apple: 4.5/5

Would I buy it again? I might buy again the Apple one, but I just ordered 2 bottles of my HG cleansing oil from Kanebo so it won't be very soon.

You May Also Like

1 commentaires