[Review] Caudalie Vinosource S.O.S Thirst Quenching Serum - Rébecca

by - January 29, 2016

Caudalie SOS Thirst Quenching Serum

I’ve been using this serum for about 3 years now (and by using it I mean that I have always had a bottle of it opened ever since, either using it in the morning, in the evening or both). I first discovered it reading Lodoesmakeup’s blog (in French) I bought it a few weeks after and fell in love.

What does it claims to do: “This high potency serum captures and continually diffuses water deep within the skin to restore its moisture balance and leave it feeling soft and supple.”


Almost gel like but quite liquid.

This serum is a mix between a cream and a gel quite like a regular serum. It’s quite runny and does feel very fresh on the skin. It also has a nice subtle fruity smell that I very much like. It comes in a glass container that I think is very classy and contains 30ml/1 fl.oz which is the common amount of product for a serum. It must be at the very least my 6th bottle of this product and I have never had any problem with the pump getting stuck of anything. I must admit that I’m a bit clumsy sometimes and I’ve dropped this one before, it never broke.


Light and fresh texture.

Caudalie’s Vinosource Thirst Quenching Serum contains hyaluronic acid (though a bit low on the ingredients list, there actually is more fragrance than hyaluronic acid) and organic grape water and grape extract (anti-oxydant) and does not contain (as said on the website) any parabens, phenoxyethanol, phthalates, mineral oil, sodium laureth sulphate or animal derived ingredients (I need to mention here that even though they do not directly test on animals they ARE sold in China). If I’m not mistaken I can also see silicone on the list of ingredients but you don’t feel it that much, as in it does feel soft but it does not feel silicon-y if I can say it that way.
According to CosDNA it does contains some ingredients that could be slightly irritant and some that are acne triggers, but all ingredients are described as safe. On me:  I’ve never had any issues provoked by this serum. Now there is fragrance in it so I make sure not to use it on the eye area.

My skin after application - no residue but my skin feels hydrated

My thoughts on it:
That might not come as a surprise but I like it very much mostly because it feels fresh on the skin and does make my skin feel good. Here is how I know if an hydrating serum is working on me: I start my routine up to the toner part. If I stop at that point wait 5 to 10 minutes then my skin feels tight and not very comfortable. Now if after the toner I apply a serum  and stop there in my opinion this should be enough to make my skin comfortable enough for the day (you when you feel the products you've applied are not enough but at least you can go through your day). It is not ideal as in I would rather do the whole routine but just the serum should be enough. And this Caudalie one is. So to me it is a good serum.

Although I very much like it I also think that it is not that powerful. There are moments when my skin is more dehydrated than others, usually that is at the start of the cold season when it gets super cold outside and they start turning on the central heating and ventilation at work, the mix of the two usually results in my skin feeling horrendous with super dehydrated patches (the ones that kind of feel rough and your skin gets flaky) well in those moments this serum alone is not enough.  In the summer it is perfect morning and night (this is the serum I bring with me on vacations / week-ends because for a few days it is ok for me just to use this one), in the winter I make sure to use something more powerful at night and in the morning I pair it with the Estée Lauder Advanced Night Repair.

OVERALL:
Pros:
*Makes my skin feel comfortable
*Penetrates quickly
*One pump is the perfect amount for my face and my neck (and I stress on this point because I hate when I have to press but make sure that I do not press completly on the pump otherwise I have too much product)
*It smells very good, slightly fruity (though as mentioned that’s due mostly to fragrance).
*My skin does feel hydrated after using it

Cons:
*Contains fragrance: there’s not too much of it but there is and it could be a problem for someone with very sensitive skin. Mine is not sensitive to this particular product.
*Not the most “thirst quenching” serum I’ve used. As a matter of fact on its own it can sometimes be not enough.

Note: 4/5

Would I repurchase this? Yes. I have already and will do again (and again).

Price: 25.80€ (about 28.10$) on the Caudalie website (but it can be found for less in some French parapharmacies)

You May Also Like

0 commentaires