January's empties

by - January 31, 2016



What we finished this month:
- Tony Moly Delight Tony Tint in #red
- Shiseido Perfect Oil
- Mizon Black Snail All-in-One cream
- The Body Shop Vitamin E Mist
L'Occitane - Cleansing Oil 5% Shea
Bioré - Perfect Face Milk SPF50+ PA++++
Clarins - Gentle Peeling, Smooth away cream with primrose extract
Holika Holika - Soda Pore Light Cleansing Oil


Tony Moly - Delight Tony Tint in #red -- Sarah

My sister got me this lip tint about 2 years ago at Queens House in Paris (unfortunately closed since). I was a bit scared to purchase a lip tint online but after trying it in real life I loved it. It smelled good, wasn't very expensive, the color was pretty... There is nothing bad about this product in my opinion .

*Would I repurchase? 
Yes, I already have bought one in another color.

Shiseido - Perfect oil -- Rébecca & Sarah

Rébecca - This is one cleansing oil that I would have never been able to finish on my own. I first used it to remove my make-up, it does work on foundation and eyeshadow but I use waterproof mascara and in my opinion this one does NOT work on waterproof mascara. On top of that it stings my eyes. So I then decided to use it in the morning but mehh I do not like it either (I would rather use something thicker in the morning). Also a "minus" for me: made of mineral oil. Sarah finished the bottle: thank you because other wise it would have gone to the dustbin (or rather: it would have remained by the sink for ages and ages collecting dust and then I would have thrown in to the dustbin).

*Would I repurchase? 
No

Sarah - Definitely not the best cleansing oil I've used but not the worst either. The two problems for me are 1- it doesn't removes waterproof mascara and 2- It burns the eyes. But it did not break me out. It's quite a let down considering the Perfect Whip was very good.

*Would I repurchase? 
No

Mizon - Black Snail All in One Cream -- Sarah

I had really good experience with snail sheet mask so I thought trying the cream couldn't hurt. The smell is quite faint. The texture is very light weight, a bit gel-like. It takes about 5 minutes to fully absorb (actually a bit longer considering that I have several creams/lotions underneath).  This cream is best suited for normal to oily skin. I found that this cream hydrates enough but it doesn't create a barrier that keeps the moisture in which makes me think there isn't enough occlusives. It also didn't made my skin smoother. While I always had a good experience with snail-based products, this product didn't do an amazing job. I don't regret buying it but I won't buy it again.

*Would I repurchase? No. It wasn't a bad product it is just not suited for my skin and climate.

The Body Shop - Vitamin E Mist 
-- Sarah

I really liked this mist and I'm sad it's gone. It smells like fresh rose, which I would typically don't like but it wasn't too strong. However the spray is fantastic, the droplets are very thin and well distributed in the air, as if it was an aerosol. I think I'll keep the bottle for DIY mists or in case my next mist doesn't spray properly. I'm not sure whether or not I'll buy it again because I think for the price I could find better formulas but if I don't I will definitely come back to this one.

*Would I repurchase? I'm going to try other mists but I might come back to that one if I can't find better.

L'Occitane - Cleansing Oil 5% Shea
 -- Rébecca

I may be difficult with cleansing oils. I may. Because every time I've heard or read something about this one it's been praises. It's a thick kind of oil that feels good on the skin, it emulsify easily and removes foundation and eyeshadow easily. And then there's waterproof mascara. It does not do well on waterproof mascara. Also since it is a thicker kind of one I need to use more to cover my whole face. Another thing: you know how when oil gets in your eye (this one does not sting) after you've rinsed you get a kind of blurry vision? Well with any other oil I've tried it quickly goes away. With the one my vision remains blurry for a good 15 minutes. That's why I now use it in the mornings so I don't linger on my eyes.

*Would I repurchase? No

Bioré - Perfect Face Milk SPF50+ PA++++ -- Rébecca

This is the sunscreen I’ve used most of the summer and that I’ve finish this month on the days when the sun was brightly shinning (so not often). I liked it. I have not experienced any sun damage at all all summer long. Application is easy it spreads evenly on the face (probably thanks to silicones, it does feel very silicone-y) and does not leave that much of a white cast. Makeup application on top is easy. One of my issue is that it has a very mat finish and I’m not a fan of the overly mat skin finish. But with the right foundation on top or a quick spray of the Caudalie Beauty Elixir / or the Hada Labo Gokujyn Hyaluronic Face Mist it's perfect.

*Would I repurchase it? Probably yes. It is a good one but I also like the one from Clarins (which is way more expensive but way easier for me to get hold of) and the Bioderma UV mist.

Clarins - Gentle Peeling, Smooth away cream with primrose extract -- Rébecca

I do not do mechanical exfoliation because it always seems way too harsh, leaves my skin irritated, with redness and simply does not feel good. I have not done one scrub on my face for at least a year and a half and my skin does not feel any worse because of it (though in my opinion using a cotton pad to apply my toner actually is a very slight kind of mechanical exfoliation). But I do do chemical exfoliation with Acid Toners (daily) and with exfoliating masks every now and then. One day, as I often do, I was at the Clarins counter looking for something new to try and opted for this Gentle Peeling smooth away cream. Do I regret that day? Yes. It's a kind of thick cream (much like a green clay mask but maybe a little less dry (making it not ideal in a tub because you have to press hard to get it out) and this one is a light grey color with kind of shimmers inside) that you are supposed to apply in a thin layer on your skin, leave it on for one minute and then remove it, as they say on the package, "with light, sweeping movements" you also receive a leaflet with the exact movement you are supposed to do, mostly that consist of holding the skin with one hand, sweeping away in the other direction with the other one so that you do not tug too hard on your skin and don't damage it. Have I seen any results with it? No, none at all. My skin does not feel any smoother. And I hate above everything else the way you are supposed to use it. As much holding with one hand, sweeping with the other as I am willing to do, this does tug on my skin a lot and it is not comfortable, the products flakes away everywhere and is really messy, the smell was not even pleasant. Is it at least gentle as the name who suggest? Not in the slightest. In short: is there anything that I did not dislike about this product? No. Now Clarins being on of my favorite skincare brands I wanted to like this product or at least not hate it that much and I tried to use it as a gentle exfoliating cleanser but it doesn't do anything either, I tried it as a mask for my hands but hate it quite as much as on my face. It's now been sitting on the shelf in the bathroom for a few months, untouched, unloved and frankly: forgotten about. I'm sorry Gentle Peeling I wanted to love you or at least finish you and forget about you but it is decided I'm getting rid of the 3 quarters full you. Ii hurts but that's life.

*Would I repurchase it? Never.

Holika Holika - Soda Pore Light Cleansing Oil -- Sarah

I've hated it! This is about the worst cleansing oil I've ever tried. The smell is a very strong chemical scent. My sister and dad think it smells like a cleaning product. The oil is very thick and makes it hard to spread and made it impossible to massage gently. I finished it with great difficulty,by the end of the bottle I was using 4 pumps each night to finish it faster. It is also not suitable to remove eye makeup as it burns your eyes. I had to use another oil to do my eyes. And worst of all it doesn't even remove waterproof makeup.

*Would I repurchase it? Never.

You May Also Like

0 commentaires