[Review] Tony Moly - Gold Black sugar mask - Sarah

by - January 19, 2016

A few month back I realized how little I exfoliated. And I wondered if it could be the reason why my skin wasn't smooth (of course it was) this is when I bought Tony Moly's Gold Black Sugar Mask. Tony Moly has been doing pretty good quality products for an inexpensive price, so they had my trust.



What does it claims to do

"-2 in 1 : Scrub & Nutrition mask
- Provide enough nutrition and moisture
- Gold dust & Honey extract
- Dead skin cells removal & nutrient supply mask that make velvety skin texture and improve dull skin tone."

The texture is very thick so it's not very easy to spread. The texture is very coarse as it is loaded with sugar.
Although I read multiple times that it smells good I just don't agree. I'm wondering if mine is altered or something? Because I really can't imagine how someone can like the smell, although I have to say it doesn't smell very strong and I don't mind it when using it. In my opinion it smells like salt, something like soy sauce but not exactly.
I wanted to show you the tiny gold sparkles but even when I tried altering the light I just couldn't. Anyway it's very hard to see it in the jar and even less once it's on the face.

My thoughts on it

I use it once or twice a week and I use my pore brush in between for cleansing my pore and very mild exfoliation. Once it has been mixed with water you can finally start to massage and let me tell you, you really don't need to apply any pressure. I do outward circular motions for about half a minute. Having a sensitive skin it made my skin very hot and red which I think could be avoided with a lighter formula. Right after that I apply a sheet mask to hydrate immediately (after exfoliation is the best moment to apply any mask since there is no more dead skin forming a barrier).
I never used it as a mask because I don't need nutrition.


Overall

Pros: 
* It does exfoliate and make my skin smooth
* Cheap

Cons: 
* Not gentle enough for sensitive skin
* The smell
* Not easy to apply

Note: 3/5 It does a good job but it is not suited for sensitive skin like mine.

Would I repurchase this? No I will try to find something gentler on my skin.

Where I bought it?: Beautynetkorea.com for $7.31

You May Also Like

0 commentaires