Monthly Sheet Masks - January

by - February 15, 2016



We divided this month's sheet masks into 2 categories: The tops and the bad.

What we tried:
- Pure Smile Peach Essence Mask
- Mizon Enjoy Vital-Up Time Watery Moisture Mask
- The Qure Collagen Essence Mask
- Adin Collagen Essence Mask
- Klairs Rich Moist Soothing Sheet Mask
- Talika Bio Enzymes Purifying Mask
- Food A Holic 3D Natural Essence Mask in green tea and blueberry


Tops



*Pure Smile - Peach Essence Mask -- Sarah

Given the price the fit is really surprising, it is one of the best I ever had! I was also pleasantly surprised that it was individually packaged unlike Lululun or others. I tried the peach one. Although every flavors seem to do the same thing, the peach one definitely made my skin feel softer. The lotion is pretty common, a thick lotion, I think it would suit every skin type. It smell like chemical peach, so not the best smelling mask but it did not smell bad per se. Also, maybe I'm just stupid but the sheet mask is somehow super hard to unfold??

Pros:
- Cheap ($7 for 8 at Yesstyle)
- Individual package
- Skin is smooth and hydrated
- I think it is suitable for every skin type
Cons:
- The smell is a bit a weird
- 18ml is maybe a tad bit too little but still fine
- It is super hard to unfold it correctly

Bottom line: I want every sheet mask from the same line.



*Mizon - Enjoy Vital-Up Time Watery Moisture Mask -- Sarah
This mask contains green tea which makes the skin hydrated and energetic. 23ml is a good amount of essence, I usually like my sheet mask to be in between 21ml and 23ml.  The scent is very fresh, you can smell a bit of green tea too. The sheet mask is on the thicker side, I personally don't mind it since I fitted very well and didn't move. I left it for a bit longer than 20 minutes since even the upper lip part (which dries the fastest) was still very wet. After I took it off I immediately noticed a brightening effect. The downside I have noticed is a sticky residue that didn't felt good but I don't mind to much since I went to sleep right after.

Bottom line: Great but not amazing. I still want to test the rest of Enjoy Vital-up range.



*Klairs - Rich Moist Soothing Sheet Mask -- Rébecca

I loved this one. I received it as a gift with a purchase and was at first quite sceptical because of the "rich" part. I understood it as 'for dry skin'. But no, if like me your skin is borderline oily and dehydrated, this one is good.

It has a really nice fruity smell (though during the first few minutes there also was a kind of chemical smell that I can't pinpoint). The fabric is the perfect thickness, there is remaining essence in the package and it is the perfect shape (eyes, nose and mouth are a the right place and the mask stays away from my hair).

I used the Hadacrie with it for about 10 minutes using all for modes. It felt very nice on, it is not dripping but does not get dry by the end either. I also felt like my forehead absorbed a lot more products than my cheeks.

After, the main thing I noticed is that my skin looked brighter, moisturized and it had calmed my redness.

Bottom line: I like it very much, I would definitely repurchase this one again.



*Talika - Bio Enzymes Purifying Mask -- Sarah



Smells slightly like the dentist office, but it's not unpleasant. When I started to tear the mask away from the protective sheet I was like: the material is kinda rigid, it doesn't stay on the face, wtf? And then I tried to squeeze the excess from the plastic part because it seemed squishy. That's when I realize the real mask was not on my face and that there were actually 2 protective layers. The sheet mask is actually a hydro gel mask. It was my first one and I really liked it. It really stays close to the skin, there was almost no air bubbles and it felt so good and refreshing. I'm almost sure there was a slight tingling effect. I don't know if it's a hydro gel mask thing but I slowly slided a bit and when it started drying, it wrinkled and I felt the mask becoming less elastic. After 30 minutes,my skin was soft and hydrated, though I did not see my pores getting smaller or less dirty.


The bad


*Food A Holic - 3D Natural Essence Mask (green tea) -- Sarah

Source : Koreakos

Who can say no to 10 masks at $3? Not me. The mask was very promising: 3D shape, supposedly good material, hydrating and soothing green tea... But I was really deceived. Not so much that I didn't finish them but I really had to force myself.

Pro:
- Hydrating
Cons:
- Poor fitting
- Dried very quickly
- The lotion is very runny
- The hydrating effect fades quickly
- The paper is quite rigid and doesn't adhere to      the face

Bottom line: I really didn't like it.


*Food A Holic - 3D Natural Essence Mask (Blueberry) --Sarah
I really don't know what I thought when I bought them again a second time. This time I have to admit it was my fault. I thought: but they are so cheap, does it really matters if it fits poorly? The answer is yes it matters. Though the blueberry is a little bit better since the lotion is a tad bit thicker, the fitting and the material are still wrong for my face. The smell isn't bad but it doesn't smell like fresh blueberry juice.

Bottom line: I promised myself not to buy it again, even when I'll see the ridiculously low price.








*Adin - Collagen Essence Mask -- Rébecca

I purchased this sheet mask (I believe) when I first ordered on bonjourhk.com, that is to say: it was due time for me to use it (I used not to be a huge mask girl, on top of that I am more of a sleeping pack/mask kind of person).
Before using this mask I did the Ren Glycolactic Radiance Renewal Mask that might have influenced the results.

This one is quite a weird fit, you either choose the nose, eyes, or mouth to fit but you can't have the three, sorry. There also are kind of flaps around the nostrils which is somewhat weird. The scent is a regular cosmetic nice and fresh scent. The mask in itself is made of a quite thick fabric (for me it was too thick because it then gives the impression that the essence stays in the mask rather than travel to my skin and it also feels heavy), it is well soaked but there was no remaining essence in the packaging once I took the mask out.

I let it sit on my face for about 20 minutes while reading a book. First impression: this mask is really cold (but if I had read the packaging I would have learnt that the brand informs that in winter you can leave the close packaging in hot water for 2 to 3 minutes before applying it).

After the application my face felt calm and smooth, but the mask left a tacky feeling (that was gone after I applied a face oil).

An hour after; the redness around my nose was back, my forehead had gone from glowing to looking oily and I was seeing little bumps on my forehead.

The morning after the little bumps had disappeared, my skin seemed to have absorbed everything during the night. My skin did feel smooth but not sheet mask smooth. It looked good as in "I applied a nice cream last night", it did not look to have that little something that masks usually gives me.

Bottom line: I tried this mask, was not impressed so I won't repurchase.



*The Qure - Collagen Essence Mask -- Rébecca

To be honest this one is neither a top neither a flop, it is just a regular sheet mask. The fit is quite weird, the hole for the eyes were a bit too small and the mask would get in the way of my lashes when I opened my eyes. At first when you open it it has a weird chemical smell but that goes away after a few minutes (or I got used to it). The fabric is kind of thick, so much that after about 15 minutes the mask gets kind of heavy on the skin (not falling, though it does a little bu heavy on the skin).

There is a nice amount of essence, enough so that after the 20 minutes it was still wet, and left a decent amount of essence on my skin so that I was able to massage it into my skin a little. This essence leaves a very tacky feeling.

My skin felt instantly refreshed and hydrated but every sheet mask I've tried did this.
The day after my skin feels hydrated but not overly so, I would expect a little more from a sheet mask.

Bottom line: Overall I'm not very impressed. It does the job but does not bring anything "wow". I probably won't repurchase.

You May Also Like

0 commentaires