[Review] Mamonde - Rose Honey sleeping mask -- Rébecca

by - February 26, 2016


Mamonde - Rose Honey sleeping mask

The Mamonde Rose Honey sleeping mask is a sleeping mask that I discovered with a sample I received along an online order. I tried it, loved the smell and the effects I saw and decided to buy it full size.

No really the packaging looks lovely.

I can’t read the Mamonde website because it is written in Korean but here are some information that I found about it on the different websites that sell it. It is supposed to have anti-aging effects, the rose and honey helping to prevent wrinkles, moisturizing and protecting the skin overnight. The damask rose water moisturizes damaged skin and smoothes it, the rose oil beads form a moisturizing film during the night, and honey provide rich nutrition which enhance the skin protective barrier. It containes rose oil beads that dissolves on the face as soon as the gel mask is applied. And it offers deep hydration and nutrients to the skin. You are not supposed to rince it off but the brand does tell you to wash your face in the morning.

Clear gel like consistency

The mask comes in a very lovely hexagonal glass jar with adorable roses drawn all over it. All in all I think that it looks very nice. Not luxury but simple and ‘natural’, not too childish. I like it. It contains 80ml of product (about 2.7 Fl oz) so it should last quite a while (especially since I do not actually apply that much). It is a kind of clear gel like consistency that feels very fresh with, as the brand says, rose beads in it, to me it looks more like a whitish opaque rose particles, they do melt as soon as they are rub against the skin. And the smell, oh my, it is the perfect rose smell. Often times with rose scented products you get a fake rose scent. I do not like that fake rose scent, it had me believe for years that I did not like rose, and then one day I discovered a rose water that actually was not just water with rose extract / scent but a real rose hydrolat and the smell was amazing, well this one product smells like this hydrolat and that is lovely.

Rose oil beads (or rather particles).

Ingredients wise only 1 ingredient scored a 1 out of 5 on CosDNA as possible acne trigger (that is Butylene Glycol (a slip agent that helps with product penetration) but it is in second position in the ingredients list) and 1 (Carbomer - a thickener/emulsifier) is a possible irritant (1 out of 5) (low on the list), otherwise all ingredients are described as green light safe but for 3 that are yellow light safe (I’d like to mention that a few ingredients have no information about them, mostly that is the plant extracts). Obviously there is some rose in it (which has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties) and honey (which is anti-irritant and antioxidant and which contains vitamins). I like that there is quite a few flowers / plants extracts / (essential) oils, quite a few are humectants some are nourishing, there are also a few green tea derivatives (which can helps with sun damage). The ingredients list contains alcohol but very low on the list so it is not a problem for me (I only avoid alcohol when it's one of the first ingredients).

After a bit of rubbing all the rose oil particles have 'melted'

My thoughts on it:
I very much like this one. As I said earlier it smells just awesome. Feels very fresh upon application and does give me results. When I wake up the day after my skin feels soft, no, it feels SOFT. Really soft. I could just be touching my face like "waou that is soft", it does also help in reducing the redness around my nose, I really am quite impressed. 
A thing that I noticed though is that it does not penetrate very quickly. I can't just apply it and go to bed, I need to wait about half an hour otherwise it is just a tad too tacky to feel comfortable putting my head on a pillow.
Another thing that I quite like is using it when I know I won't be having that much sleep, that is if I am going to bed late and that I need to be up early, I know that this mean: I won't be able to wake up, sometimes I would rather sleep than do my morning routine, I know that if I use this one before going to bed it will be moisturizing/nourishing enough for me not to do anything in the morning (it is bad I know, but I NEED the additional minutes of sleep).

After application, skin remains a bit tacky for a while.

OVERALL
Pros:
*the smell
*the softness of my skin the day after
*the freshness of it upon application
*helps with the redness
*the lasting effect

Cons:
*quite tacky

Note: 5/5

Would I repurchase ? Well knowing me I want to try something different after I'm done with it, but I will repurchase it at some point in the future.

Price: 12.57$ on testerkorea 

You May Also Like

0 commentaires