[Review] The Face Shop - Baby Leaf Green Tea Waterfull Serum

by - February 12, 2016



What it claims to do?

"With its refreshing green tea scent and fortified by 3,000 mg of organically grown Boseong green tea extracts, The Face Shop's Waterfull Serum instantly drenches skin with moisture while calming complexion and controlling sebum production. Formulated without artificial coloring, benzophenone, mineral oil, animal-derived materials and alcohol." 


First impressions

I really like the scent, you can definitely smell the tea. It feels very refreshing and hydrating when you apply it. The serum itself is very runny but thicker than japanese-type lotion. The color is slightly greenish like tea. The bottle is made of plastic, even the metalic part. The pump is very practical, even more than . But I have to say this is not very travel friendly, mainly because the cap is made to fit the pump, but it comes off pretty easily. I does leaves a tiny bit a stickiness for a few minutes but it absorbs quicky after.



My final thoughts

I've been using it on mornings for a month, it slightly balanced my oil production but my T-zone is not extremely oily either. I was in urgent need of a hydrating serum that would not cost too much and that's what it did. I think it is good purchase if you're looking for a first hydrating serum and you don't want to take too much risk. I bought it at around $12 on Yesstyle which is cheap for 60ml of product.

But personally, it did not wow me (because yes, to wow is a verb). It would probably be best suited for oily to very oily skin. But it's winter and my combo skin needs more! Maybe it would be more suitable for summer? I also find the ingredients not that great (although it did not made me break out or have any reactions).
I sometimes mix my toner with a few drops of this to make a DIY sheet mask and it works great.



Overall

Pros:
*Hydrating
*Cheap
*Great smell
*Very refreshing
*Good amount of product

Cons:
*Perfumey
*Not enough for winter

Note: 3/5 Good but not expcetional

Would I buy it again? Probably not, I'm looking for something a little bit more hydrating.

You May Also Like

1 commentaires

  1. The self-care component of your beauty routine is simple to forget. Yes, it's crucial for your physical health, but it's also a vital step in your whole self-kindness journey. Customers looking for the best hydrating serum will find Nimbarka brand’s NEEM FACE SERUM the optimum choice. By eliminating skin impurities, the serum effectively heals blackheads and whiteheads as well.

    ReplyDelete