[Review] Etude House - Tint My Brows Gel

by - February 23, 2016



WHAT IT CLAIMS TO DO
"New concept eyebrow gel tint that makes eyebrows makeup last longer after removing the tint." So basically it is the same concept as the Berissom Lip tint except you leave it for 2 hours instead of 10 minutes and it lasts for days instead of one. I was already sold when I first saw the lip tints so I was sold when I saw this for my eyebrows. I saw nowhere how long it would stay on so I guess that will be a surprise!




I wanted to take the 2# Light Brown but somehow I messed up and ordered the 1# Brown... I was scared it would be too dark (I realized it after I did my first brow so it's not like I could go back either) but in the end I'm very happy because the color suits me very well and I think Light brown would have been too red.



The scent is not too bad. It's like the scent of some hair dye but without the eye burning feeling, if you know what I mean? The product inside is very sticky, but it was pretty easy to apply. I personally took my time (around 5 minutes for each eyebrows) to perfectly make them, after all I did not know how long it would stay on my face so I might as well be precise.

 I left it on for 2 hours. I have to admit I was going to leave it for the night, but I was so excited to see, I could not wait. But even after 2 hours, the staining power was already great.
On the package it says to start peeling it by the head of the brow but on every Korean video I saw and even on the picture on the package itself, they all start peeling by the tail so I guess it is just bad translating.
I wanted to show you the peeled part but it was too gross sorry. OK, it was not that gross, it's just me. To my relief, it didn't took off any hairs and it didn't really hurt why I peeled it off (although I'm quite sensitive to pain).

It says on the back not to wash your face for 24 hours, but I just can't do that so I just went really gently and I tried not to touch my eyebrows. The color changed a bit and the edges were less harsh but you could still definitively tell there was something. It has been 4 days and it still is as stained as after I washed my face the first time. After day 4 it started slowly fading in starting by the edge. It was totally gone after about 10 days.

Top: without any makeup; Bottom: everyday makeup (with different lightening)
Top: With the gel on; Bottom: After 2 hours

I think this would be perfect for people who don't like heavy makeup, and that want their eyebrow to look very natural but still on point. Personally I will use it before going to see my boyfriend so when I take off my makeup it doesn't look like my eyebrows escaped or something.

OVERALL
Pros:
2h of keeping it on your face is worth it since it lasts for over a week
Matched my hair color
The price is cheap
Very natural finish

Cons:
I think it is not possible to do a gradient on the head of the brow
Might not be enough for people who love very bold looks
Supposedly you can't wash your face for 24h

Note: 5/5 It holds its promises

Would I repurchase? I'm not sure yet! I think this will last me a long time, I can't decide yet. Maybe I'll buy it again just because it's fun.

Price: I bought it at $7.38 on Beautynetkorea.com

You May Also Like

0 commentaires