[Review] O.S.T C20 Original Pure Vitamin C20 Serum - Rébecca

by - February 05, 2016

Original Pure Vitamin C20 Serum

I first saw this serum on Wishtrend attracted by the "Free shipping", the "40% off", the fact that it was a bestselling item and the awards it has received I thought that for the price I could try it, worst that would happen would be that I did not like it but then 14.99$ would not be that much of a loss. 

The C20 Original Pure Vitamin C20 Serum is a serum (who would have guessed) that I use at night as my 2nd serum and that I use to kind of smooth out my skin and to get rid of those tiny scars left by spots that I’ve fiddled with (bad I know what can I do?).

What does it claims to do? (choosen extracts)

“Revitalizing – Removing the dead skin cell – Whitening – Pore tightening – Recovering the trouble scar – Removing blackhead"

"Original pure vitamin C20 serum, simple skin care with only one vitamin C. Best awards winner 2013, 2014 ! Faster vitamin c effects with added peeling function. Combine 20% L-ascorbic acid with natural antioxidants to help prevent premature signs of aging."

"This serum will protect, soften and moisturizing your skin !"

"OST Original Pure Vitamin C20 Serum contains about 6,000mg of 100% Pure Vitamin C. It contains 20% concentration of L-Ascorbic acid, which maximize the benefits, and additional feature of peeling function. As natural antioxidants, it helps prevent premature signs of again, while it protects, softens, and moisturizes your skin."

"OST Original Pure Vitamin C20 Serum not only offers whitening, exfoliation and pore care effect, but also helps smooth the rough area on your skin, caused by spots or acne breakouts, when used regularly or long term."

Dark colored bottle to preserve the product
and a dropper to dispense the product.

The product comes in a 30ml dark glass bottle with a dropper to dispense the product.
It smells like citrus, which is not a smell that I really like but it is not one I hate either. Too me it’s not the best smell ever but I can work with it. Anyway the smell does not really linger so no problems for me.

Kind of thick type of lotion/serum.


Texture wise it is a bit thicker than Asian types of lotion but runnier that a regular serum. After application it does feel a bit sticky on the skin. I always clean my hands after applying it because I don’t like how it feels on my hands. I usually waits a few minutes before applying the next product onto my face. Once the rest of my routine is applied on my face (that is face cream and face oil) I can’t feel the stickiness anymore hence why I don’t think it is a big issue.

Yet liquidy.


Quite obviously it contains vitamin C (in the form of Ascorbic Acid) supposedly at 20%. The reason why I wanted to use it is because supposedly vitamin C helps in getting rid of scars, clearing out acne and helps the production of collagen (which in my mind I associate with anti-aging properties). There is also hyaluronic acid (which is maybe one of my personal favourite ingredients, write its name anywhere you can be sure that I’ll be contemplating buying it in a matter of minutes even though to be honest apart from being awesome for dehydrated skin I don’t know what it is exactly). Mostly that is all I know about the ingredients, but you can find plenty of information on them on the many other blogs that reviewed it. The CosDNA website informs me that a few ingredients could potentially not be safe and 1 ingredient ranks a 1 in potential acne trigger. That’s ok for me. I also like the fact that many ingredients from the list are listed to have moisturizing properties (one of my fears with this serum would be that it would be a tab bit aggressive and that it would result in dryness).

My thoughts on it:

After my first few months of using it I was not overly enthusiastic about this product as after a few uses I saw results but not drastic ones. But here is why: I had this one misconception that you could not use it at all time. I was sure deep within me that you could only use this product a few days a month. Why? I don’t know. Where did I get this information? In my head it appears. But I thought that surely I would lose all my skin and die. More seriously I was SURE I had read that on the packaging. I was 100% sure that the brand had it specified somewhere that you could not use it every day. And with this conviction deep inside of me I only used the product a week per month, no more than that.

And then came the epiphany. One day as I was browsing Wishtrend I saw the new and improved version (C21.5). As I was wondering whether the new version was way better or not (so far I had seen a few tiny results but nothing impressive and nothing to make me buy it again), I went on the internet and looked for reviews of the two and discovered on one blog a full review of the old version (the C20) including pictures of the packaging (that I, myself, had discarded long ago). There are recommendations on the packaging: store it properly to keep it effective, the possible discoloration, USE SUNSCREEN if you use it as it makes you skin even more sensitive to sun damage and avoid using any other AHA/BHA products at the same time (that is why if my skin is quite normal I’ll just use and acid toner on the daily, if I feel like my skin needs more: I’ll use this thing on the daily but never the two at the same time). But nowhere was there any indication that you could not use it every day. And so I went to look at other reviews and discovered that I seemed to be the only one to think that you had to use it one week a month and not more.

After application on the skin, at this stage it does have a tacky feeling.

And so I started to use it every day (to reassure the few of you that might have been as scared as I was: I am still alive and I still have skin on my face) using 3 drops is enough for my whole face and neck. And now after 20 days of daily (at night time) use I can say: it does work on my skin. The slight effect I was seeing after my previous only week of usage are now even more visible, that is: my skin is more even than before, it does help a lot in reducing the scaring that I had on my forehead, it does not harm my skin, did not provoke sensitivity, on my cheeks near my nose my pores are a bit more visible and it does help in tightening them and it helps to get rid of the small bumps that I sometime have on my forehead. In a few words the overall appearance of my skin is indeed better. Even better: I started to see results quite quickly (two weeks and I could only feel the change in my skin). I don't know if it is especially moisturizing but it for sure does not dry or dehydrate my skin. I have also noticed that zits appear more quickly, usually my zits remain under the skin for a good week just growing slightly red-er every day and then finally come out, I feel like this serum helps in speeding the process, within a few days my zit is out (which in a way is satisfying) and I think it also helps me to get rid of them quickly and they do not scar as much as they would have before (which is something that the Estée Lauder Advanced Night Repair also as a huge effect on).

I also like to use this serum pre-sheet mask, let it work for a few minutes to prep my skin for the mask.

OVERALL
Pros:
*Easy to use
*Is not too drying or irritating (it was one of my fears)
*Helps to reduce scaring
*Helps a lot with zit / spots / pimple (I don’t understand the difference between them)
*My skin looks more even /generally better
*Reduce the appearance of my pores

Cons:
*I’ve started to experience discoloration in my bottle (that I opened something like 4 months ago) it says on the packaging that this can happen, I’ve read somewhere that the serum  won’t be effective when it’s becomes too dark, mine has indeed became darker but like a yellow going towards orange, it still smells the same and seems quite as effective as (if not more than) before (but mostly because I now use it in a better fashion) so I’ll keep on using it for now) but it leads me to think that one might not be able to finish a bottle before it goes bad.

Note: 4/5 because of the going bad before you might be able to finish it issue.

Would I repurchase? Yes (there is a new and improved version out now and I don’t know yet which one I’ll buy).

Price: 14.99$ on sale on whishtrend (it’s been on sale ever since the new version came out several months ago.

You May Also Like

0 commentaires