[Review] Herborist Silky All-day Moisturizing Lazy Beauty Facial Mask - Rébecca

by - February 12, 2016

Herborist -Silky All-day Moisturizing Lazy Beauty Facial Mask


I discovered this mask when I was subscribed to Birchbox, in the French version you accumulate points each time you buy a box and then those points allow you to buy stuff from their e-shop. I bought it on a whim. And I happen to quite like it.

The brands describes it as follow:
"A fresh, light gel texture for long-lasting moisturization. A genuine protective shield to use as a classic mask or a night mask.

Plump skin without lifting a finger!

Perfect for the lazy! This moisturizing mask can be used like a classic mask for a quick radiance boost, or left on all night for an intensive treatment. A genuine protective shield, it envelops the skin to provide long-lasting moisturization. Its secret? To boost the efficacy of the 4 moisturizing plants in the SILKY complex, Herborist added extracts of Leonurus Sibiricus, known for its relaxing properties, as well as Seabuckthorn Berry Oil, a rare and precious essence rich in vitamins and carotene for a healthy glow. The fresh and light gel texture of the All-Day Moisturizing Lazy Beauty Facial Mask soothes the skin and leaves it as soft as a baby.
All skin types."
This mask comes in a 120ml pot (4.05fl) (maybe not the most hygenic) and I don't remember it coming with a spatula. The pot looks very nice (at least in my opinion) and does not feel like it is going to break anytime soon. The product itself is slightly bluish while in the pot and as the brand says it is a "fresh light gel texture" and the smell is heavenly (might be one of the main reason why I like it), I could not describe it exactly but it smells fresh maybe like plants or flowers I don't know, I can only describe the scent as "fresh", now don't go thinking that the whole room will smell like it if you leave it open but when your nose is close to it it smells that nice fresh scent.

I ran the list of ingredients through CosDNA and there are no ingredients described as irritant, one ingredient (Butylene Glycol) scored a 1 out of 5 as possible acne trigger, half the ingredients are green light safe, half is yellow light safe and one is red light safe, maybe not the best mask ever but it could be way worst. I like that it contains hyaluronic acid (put some anywhere and I will be considering buying it very seriously) and several moisturizing / emolient ingredients. I do notice that the plant extract advertised are quite low in the list.

Nice detailed cap (no use, but sure looks good).

My thoughts on it:
I like this mask. It is a very nice pampering one. But that is about it. I love the smell, the freshness, the soothing effect that it gives me. But that is it. Don't get me wrong it has a few effects but just like "that's the least you expect from a mask". 

Applying it feels very nice. The gel-cream texture is light, spreads very easily and does give you a bit of time to massage the skin before starting to dry and has a nice refreshing effect that feels awesome in summer (now that I think about it it has (very slightly) the nice refreshing feeling you get from an after sun cream). The texture reminds me a little of that of some sheet masks; very smooth, easy to glide on and to spread all over the face.

There used to be a protection between the product and the screw on cap.


The one thing that stresses me about this mask is when to use it. I first read the French name of the mask "Masque Beauté des Paresseuses Hydratant Visage" that would translate word by word to the lazy girl facial moisturizer beauty mask. That is why at first I used it as a sleeping mask. And then one day for some reason I read it in English and it says "all-day"... ALL DAY. Was this a daily mask then? So I also tried it in the day time. Reading the description that can be find in the english website of the brand I kind of feel like they don't really know either how to use it. Anyway here is what I found (mind that I never used it as a rince off mask because I just don't get rince off mask, they're not my thing). 

Nice light cream/gel texture?

As a night time mask, when I wake up the day after everything has been absorbed by my skin and it feels very comfortable, my skin is slightly softer than if I had not used it but I have seen better. My skin is glowing (not oily), the rednesses around my nose are toned down almost completely and my pores are less visible. My problem with it is that when washing my face in the morning, the effects kind of wear off. Just like if the mask was putting a nice layer on top of my skin and by washing my face in the morning it was taking part of that layer off (not completely though).

Right after I have applied it (if it was a night time use).

As a day time mask: I apply it instead of my daytime moisturizer (I use a bit more than I would with a moisturizer but less than I would use at night), I leave it to rest for at least half an hour and then apply make up on top. What I like is that it blurs out the pores (though they remain slightly red but less, and the effect is less than when I use it at night), my skin feels instantly more plumped / moisturized, and it gives that glowing thing to my skin, if I use a BB cream on top I keep that very nice glow all day long (though at the end of a very long day, it starts to look oily), which is very nice.

After my skin has absorbed it (it does not feel tacky anymore at this stage).

My issue with this mask is that the effects are not very long lasting. It feels like you can see the effects while you have it on, but as soon as you wash they go away. It feels more like make up than actual skin care, it feels nice while you have it on but it does not really work into the skin, just stays on top like make up would. It is not bad, that's a really nice pick me up on days you need, but I expect more from a mask.

OVERALL:
Pros:
*skin looks plumped / feels moisturized
*smells very nice
*is very fresh / cooling
*as a daytime mask it gives you that glow

Cons:
*does not have a long lasting effect
*does not have anything that I consider way better than another mask

Note: 3/5

Would I repurchase? Not as soon as I am done with this one, but I might one day in the far futur.

Price: 33.95€ (about 38.50$) on Sephora (French version)

You May Also Like

0 commentaires