January's samples

by - February 01, 2016



I received samples when I ordered at Beautynetkorea.com. The amount of samples they send me is ridiculous, not that I mind, I LOVE samples. Keep in mind that I can only speak about the immediate effects / impressions, since real effets can only appear with time.

What we tried this month:
- Tony Moly Intense Care Dual Effect Sleeping Pack
- Skinfood Broccoli Cleasing Foam
- Tony Moly White Hand Cream
- Klairs Rich Moist Soothing Cream
- L'Occitane - Ultra Rich Body Cream 25% Shea

Tony Moly - Intense Care Dual Effect Sleeping Pack


The sample was enough for one application. The texture is a thick gel that smells AMAZING! Almost perfumey, I personally love it but it might be too much for those who don't like strong smells. Most of the product was absorbed within a minute but a very thin layer remained on the skin until when fell asleep, which is not abnormal for a sleeping mask. On the morning my skin flet more hydrated but it wasn't

Will I buy it full size? Yes, actually it was in my cart on testerkorea but the package was just above 1,7kg so I had to pull something out. But I'll buy it as soon as I can!

Skinfood - Broccoli Cleansing Foam


The first thing I noticed is the smell. Not because it was strong but because it was weird. It doesn't smells so bad that it stopped me from using it but it's not a smell that I like either. It doesn't smell like broccoli though. It reminds me of something but I can't point out what it is, kind of herbal I guess. It cleansed my skin nicely but my skin felt dehydrated afterwards, (my skin is naturally dehydrated so it isn't really surprising). The foam was thick, which I like.

Will I buy it full size? No I really didn't like the smell.

Tony Moly - White Hand Cream



I'm glad I put it at night before sleeping because the cream is quite thick and still wasn't absorbed when I fell asleep. The smell is soooo great, it is fresh, almost candy-like, I just love it. Personally I can only have two categories of hand creams: the ones that are light enough for the day and the ones that are really thick to go to sleep. This cream fits perfectly in the second category.

Will I buy it full size? Maybe! The only thing keeping from buying it is the jar container, which I find highly unpractical because I have long nails. But I really love the smell and it was so nourishing I could use it for a sleeping mask for the hands! And last good thing: it's pretty cheap: $8.64 at Yesstyle and $7.11 at beautynetkorea.com

Klairs - Rich Moist Soothing Cream




This one doesn't comes from Beautynetkorea, Rébecca was going to throw it after I made her notice a little hole in the package. I took it to put on my forearm and feet which are extremelly dry. The smell is nice, a bit herbal but not a put off for me. It made my skin soft. The scent lingered for a few hours. My skin wasn't as itchy. I used the rest as a foot mask for a whole night.

Will I buy it full size? No, I really loved it but the price is too high to use a body moisturizer like I did and the cream is way too heavy for mu face.


L'Occitane - Ultra Rich Body Cream 25% Shea -- Rébecca





This body moisturizer is quite thick in texture but not quite like a balm (which I would have expected since this product is sold in a pot). As a result it takes quite a bit a time to penetrate the skin – too long for my liking. It would be way too long a wait if I was to use it in the morning as I don’t like when my clothes sticks to my skin. My skin did not feel that soft after application since it remains a bit sticky. I’m not sure either about the ‘rich’ claim. It is rich as in the texture is thick but not as in overly moisturizing.
I did not really like the smell, it reminded me strongly of baby wipes and this is not a smell that I particularly like
The size of the sample was just enough to cover my body lightly, if you are one to like to put quite a nice amount it will not be enough, knowing it would be somewhat rich I knew I would like it to be very well spread in a thin layer so this was enough.
The day after my skin was soft but not tremendously so. It is not dry and does feel hydrated but I’ve seen better.

Will I buy it full size? No.


You May Also Like

0 commentaires