February's Empties

by - February 29, 2016


What we finished:

- Caudalie Vinosource SOS thirst quenching serum
- Avène Spray d'eau thermane
- Erborian BB Crème au Ginseng 5-in-1
- La Roche-Posay Serozinc
- Clarins HydraQuench Cream-Gel
- Clarins Water Purify One-Step Cleanser with Mint Essential Water
- Bioré Perfect milk SPF 50+ PA+++
- It's Skin Power 10 formula VC effector
- Ünt Roses At Dawn Soothing Repair Hydrating Toner


Caudalie - Vinosource SOS thirst quenching serum-- Rébecca

I simply love this serum. I'm not going to expand since I already made a review of it that you can find here.

*Would I repurchase? Yes absolutely.


Avène - Spray d'eau thermale Avène -- Rébecca

I also happen to love this water. I live in the north of France where tap water is hard. So after I rince my face I apply lot of it, let it sit on my skin for a few minutes (as in in the morning I have time to brush my teeth for 3 minutes and I still have enough on my face that it feels wet) and I pat it dry. What I like is that on top of rincing properly, Avène water has soothing properties.

*Would I repurchase? Yes absolutely, I ALWAYS have one opened.

Erborian - BB Crème au Ginseng 5-IN-1 -- Rébecca

The Erborian BB creams are my favorites (not that I have actually tried that much but they are my favorite amongst the ones that I have tried). It brings me enough coverage without being to much, it does not make my forehead look oily nor too dry, I don't need to powder it for a regular day at work. And it looks very natural (plus point for making a travel size version!)

*Would I repurchase? Yes, I have already and will again.

La Roche-Posay - Serozinc -- Rébecca

Serozing is quite simply a water with zinc and sulfate that supposedly helps get rid of acne and controls oilyness. To be honest it did not do anything on me, my skin is normal and can get oily on the forehead with certain products and I have clogged pores on my forehead. Maybe zinc really helps with acne by helping kill the bacteria but I have to say it does nothing for clogged pores. It was nice to use in summer (as in you spray the water and it feels fresh for a few minutes) but that's it.

*Would I repurchase? No probably not.

Clarins - HydraQuench Cream-Gel -- Rébecca

It was my second tube of this cream and I really like it, it moisturise just the way I like, feels fresh on the skin, it has a nice fresh smell that is pretty light and the texture (a mix between gel and cream) feels very nice on the skin. Now it is Clarins so a bit on the expensive side but for this one product it really is worth it.

*Would I repurchase? Yes I'm very likely to.

Clarins - Water Purify One-Step Cleanser with Mint Essential Water -- Rébecca

I'm not sure of what this product is exactly supposed to do but here is how I used it: either in the morning if I'm in a hurry I'll quickly cleanse my face with this and that's it, mascara, concealer and I'm good to go (not ideal but I often am not awaken by my alarm and this lotion is not too drying and allows a nice looking face for the day) or if I was not wearing make up one day, I'll pass this on my face and rince with water and follow up with my night time routine. It is not bad, it actually smells pretty nicely of mint, it is not too strong for my normal skin, and if I'm wearing very little make up (not mascara) it removes it, it did not break me out or anything so yes it's a nice product.

*Would I repurchase? I don't know, I liked using it but I really don't use it often, right now I have the peach version (supposedly for dryer kind of skin) (I don't see any difference by the way) but yes maybe one day (I'll always need a lotion of this type so why not this one?)

Bioré - Perfect milk SPF 50+ PA+++ -- Sarah

I have loved this sunscreen. It is waterproof and sweat proof. You can use for the body and the face. It is very liquid and has a matte finish which makes it suitable for oily and combination skins. Actually the Perfect Face and Perfect Milk are made for combination and oily skin. The formula is lightweight and absorbs within 15 minutes. After that I apply my makeup as usual. My previous one was the Perfect Face (the white bottle) which is made for the face. But after I read a review saying that the Perfect Milk is pretty much the same exept it is cheaper for a largr quantity, I had to test it out. Although the texture is slightly different I still think they are extremely similar. I have never been deceived by Japanese sunscreens so far, and I hope it will continue that way.

*Would I repurchase? Probably. I really like it. I'm going to try a few korean brands but if I don't find anything incredible, I'll definitively come back to that one.

It's Skin - Power 10 formula VC effector --Sarah

I choosed it for maintenance brightening effects, but even though I wasn't exepcting dramatic results it still disspointed me. I can't notice any brightening effects or faster cell turnover. It's not expensive so I don't feel too much like I wasted my money but I still wouldn't repurchase. Moreover I find that very strange that even after 3 month the color didn't change even a bit and the scent is like those fizzy Vitamin C supplements that I would take as a kid whenevr I had a cold. I think it's just artificial fragance to make us think I smell like orange so there must be Vitamin C in there. It is actually my second bottle because I really wanted to give it time because some serum do require time (like my Ünt Ex-White Laserwave serum) but nope, even after 6 months trying it I can't see any results. But I do appreciate that then added a plastic ring so it's less messy than my first bottle.

*Would I repurchase it? No

Ünt - Roses At Dawn Soothing Repair Hydrating Toner -- Sarah

I really like Ünt, for instance the Ex-white Laserwave serum which has AHA helped me overcome my forehead closed comedones. I also liked this toner. It was actually Rébecca's but as usual she became tired of it so she gave it to me. It is a good toner: it is hydrating and refreshing. Those who love rose scents will adore the scent of this toner as it smells like fresh rose water. It lasted me for a very long time given that my sister had already used it for a while when se gave me this. It is a reasonnably priced toner although if I can remember it was more expensive when Rébecca bought it. The bottle was also very different.

*Would I repurchase? Probably not, I like to often change toner because most of them are equal in terms of efficiency so why not having fun?

You May Also Like

0 commentaires